Marantz 18 dial glass replacement

ausman1000

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Finally got around to replacing my old dial with a new radiodaze dial and also updated the original lamps with white leds. I am happy with the end result. The most time consuming part was replacing the old black plastic tape on both left and right edges so that it shrouded and channeled the light to the glass while blocking any extraneous light reflections. I used friction tape for this purpose due to its good sticking properties. Here's a pic before the front panel went back on.IMG_1051.JPG

Looks good!!!
Please post a pic after you put the cover back on, curious to see how it looks powered on with the LEDs

YEARS ago I contacted Radiodaze and asked if they could make the 18 dial. They never saw one until I sent mine. My partial dial along with some pictures is the template they still use. Those guys are great !!!

For all of us that have used the Radiodaze glass we owe it to you! Thanks for taking the initiative all those years ago. Cheers!

Looks great. Did you use the Eiko LEDs? Your serial indicates an early production - perhaps late 1967 or very early 1968.
Hi Monk, yes they are the Eiko leds that you suggested to me many months ago. I also used your recommendation for the main filter caps back then to. From the limited information on the internet the serial number would suggest a build in the first month of production i.e. September 1967.
IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1049.JPG IMG_1048.JPG

Back
Top Bottom