Marantz 2015 5 Button (dolbyFM)- Service manual

tomknow

I have a nice little 2015 with the 5th dolbyFM button. The plastic plate that holds the aux/phono jack on the rear of the chassis is cracked around the AUX jack so it's just hanging in there loosely. The phono jack is fine. The service manual shows the 4 button model aux/phono jack (#J002) which has 3 inputs. Mine only has 2 inputs (Aux/Phono). I am looking for that part to replace the jack module so that I have a solid jack to plug in to. (The jacks work fine but it's too flimsy because it's not attached to the chassis). So I cant find the part number to see if another model part might work.
There's a 2215b phono/aux jack part (#J004- part # YT0204008) for sale and it looks to be the same but who knows. Certainly not me!
Anyone out there know if the 2215b (J004) would work in my 2015?
thanks!
IMG_20190102_110533251.jpg

Last edited:
I just looked on the back of BOTH of my Marantz 2015's and they just have two inputs in the lower left corner on back of the unit . Labeled PHONO, AUX . The 2215 part should work . It looks to be the same size and configuration . I never noticed that the service manual picture is different than the ones I have . I say go for it . I have superglued broken jacks back together with great success if they are not too far gone .

I just looked on the back of BOTH of my Marantz 2015's and they just have two inputs in the lower left corner on back of the unit . Labeled PHONO, AUX . The 2215 part should work . It looks to be the same size and configuration . I never noticed that the service manual picture is different than the ones I have . I say go for it . I have superglued broken jacks back together with great success if they are not too far gone .

thanks Beamer302!

Anyone got a service manual for the 5 button version of the Marantz 2015?

I ordered a rebuild kit and what I got was not correct for this radio, apparently it's for the other version? Mine uses the three pin electrolytics on the Power Board, not the two pin (the caps sent were way too large physically to fit) The attached picture shows one cap still installed and one out. Note the three mount holes, one of the pins on the cap is marked "dummy" (like me, I guess)

Also, has anyone tried using powered rosin (like for a violin bow) on dial strings?

Thanks!
Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0788.jpg
    IMG_0788.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 3
Anyone got a service manual for the 5 button version of the Marantz 2015?

I ordered a rebuild kit and what I got was not correct for this radio, apparently it's for the other version? Mine uses the three pin electrolytics on the Power Board, not the two pin (the caps sent were way too large physically to fit) The attached picture shows one cap still installed and one out. Note the three mount holes, one of the pins on the cap is marked "dummy" (like me, I guess)

Also, has anyone tried using powered rosin (like for a violin bow) on dial strings?

Thanks!
Tom
The 3rd pin is just an anchor and are now obsolete/longer made. Look at the trace and silkscreen and you'll see only 2 pins are needed. Take note of the polarity too before installing the 2 pin version. If necessary, you can carefully drill a new hole on the correct trace, scratch the coating off the trace, to get the lead spacing and orientation to fit the new cap.. If the new caps are still too large a diameter, they you will need to get others the right size.

I usually use beeswax on dial cords.

I'll probably have to just make a list of all the electrolytics on the boards and order from Mouser (what I don't have in stock) as none of the values match so far (not even when considering using higher voltages and 20% tolerance.)

That's why I was looking for the proper schematic and preferably service manual.

Is the five button a newer radio version than the four button?

Thanks for the beeswax tip!

I'll probably have to just make a list of all the electrolytics on the boards and order from Mouser (what I don't have in stock) as none of the values match so far (not even when considering using higher voltages and 20% tolerance.)

That's why I was looking for the proper schematic and preferably service manual.

Is the five button a newer radio version than the four button?

Thanks for the beeswax tip!
Sometimes the cap values don't match what's in the unit anyways because there are sometimes in-production changes done after the schematics were printed. So it's best to do like you're going to do and build a list of what's in there now. I really don't know what the differences are between the 4/5 button models.

Back
Top Bottom