Marantz 2015-Marantz 6300, speakers?????

Sten

Hi!
Got the Marantz bug and bought a 2015 and 6300.
Now I`m looking for suitible speakers, sugestions???
I like the GLE 420 Canton, could they match?
Sten

Hi!
Got the Marantz bug and bought a 2015 and 6300.
Now I`m looking for suitible speakers, sugestions???
I like the GLE 420 Canton, could they match?
Sten

I'd strongly suggest you consider some of the Braun speakers from the late 70s to early '80s. I'm not really conversant with the model numbering system that they used (maybe the same?) but Brauns were available in the States under the ADS brand.

I think the equivalent to the ADS L400 would be a great match for the 2015. They're a medium size 4 ohm 2-way speaker, 45cm H x 25,5cm W x 22,5cm D, with a 20cm woofer and a 2,5cm coated silk dome tweeter.

Now, I've been listening to my 2215 through a pair of KLH Model Seventeens and love the combination. It might be a tough speaker to find in Europe though.

John

budget? listening style (medium volume, or ear bleed volume)? preferred music?

my personal preference with marantz gear are Acoustic Research or Advent speakers.

my personal preference with marantz gear are Acoustic Research or Advent speakers.

I'm pretty much a Henry Kloss groupie so Advents and ARs are among my favorites for sure. The problem is Sten is in Sweden. That's why I thought of Braun. I'm thinking that New England speakers are pretty thin on the ground in Europe and, with something as heavy as a speaker, shipping from the States would be prohibitive.

John

I'm pretty much a Henry Kloss groupie so Advents and ARs are among my favorites for sure. The problem is Sten is in Sweden. That's why I thought of Braun. I'm thinking that New England speakers are pretty thin on the ground in Europe and, with something as heavy as a speaker, shipping from the States would be prohibitive.

John

ahh,, didn't know, since I didn't see a location on his post...

The 2015 was my first buy about 25 years ago, Paid 9.99 for it GW and I know that cus the sticker is still on it.

This little amp rocks.

But the best part of this amp is the tuner. It can pull stations that none of my others can?

Love this little bugger.

WO

Back
Top Bottom