Marantz 2215

BDylanThomas

I saw Tim2X4's post about his marantz and realized I had never shared my info. Nothing special for the most part. The 2215 is a gift from my late father-in-law, who was the original owner. Had to do the pots three or four months ago; otherwise like new. Late father-in-law also built two large speakers using a university sound model 6201 12, dual range coax driver--series 200. A pic of one of those is below. Both work fine although they do not get much use. On top of that mother is one of two Fisher GS-122 speakers, that also works fine. It must be at least 40 years old. Mainly used now to annoy the neighbors when their dog goes beserk and they do nothing to rein him in.

Recently purchased locally a set of B&W DM330i. These are only 31 years old, and are for us commoners, being an entry level set. The pics below are how mine look but are not mine--they have a little bit of minor cosmetic and grill damage. Sound-wise they are proving to be better than some small towers (advents as2) in another bedroom system.

If anyone can find more info about the Fishers, please let me know. There are a couple minor articles, really ads, from many years ago but have never been able to locate a brochure, manual, or anything else.

Attachments

• marantz front.jpeg
    marantz front.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 82
  • marantz top .jpeg
    marantz top .jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 78
  • marantz top front .jpeg
    marantz top front .jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DIY and Fisher 1.jpeg
    DIY and Fisher 1.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 85
  • DIY & Fisher 2.jpeg
    DIY & Fisher 2.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 81
  • B&W 330i.jpg
    B&W 330i.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 86
  • B&W with grilles.jpg
    B&W with grilles.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 90
Sweet, Nice pieces! All take me back to a time cherished now. I would jump at the chance to return. Each of those represents a time and is now "vintage" it's what I know and all I run is mid 70s and earlier
And it's only vintage if its a different vintage than the person who controls the switches. Enjoy! :)

Back
Top Bottom