Marantz 2216b and DefTech DR7 (towers)

beartrack76

Hello all! Question - I have a Marantz 2216b and I've paired it with DefTech DR7's (tower speakers circa 1991 - 1994.) The sound is good but I am concerned (after reading more about under-powered receivers) that using the Marantz with these speakers will damage them, and that I am not getting the full sound I would be if I was using a more powerful receiver. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Follow up question (and apologies if this should be a new thread) but does anyone have recommendations for a good (below $200) phono preamp? Thinking I can still use my Marantz and upgrade to a more powerful phono stage (or is that still not advisable since it's a low powered receiver?) Sorry for all the questions just trying to wrap my head around it.

What do you mean by more "powerful" phono stage? Anything under 200 probably isn't gonna do much better than the one in the Marantz, at that point why wouldn't you spend that money on a bigger receiver, Marantz or otherwise?
If you like it loud, 16 watts isn't gonna cut it unless you have high sensitivity speakers. End of story.

Back
Top Bottom