Marantz 2216b rebuild

pjf610

Hi All, I have bin working on rebuilding this unit, i guess there is a correct way to start and not, when i got this unit one channel was out, i guess i should have asked where to start looking to trouble shoot, I did not and started recapping all the boards. They are done my next move is to change out the transistors, but before i take on that challenge, were does one start to troubleshoot when one channel is out???

Pat

Clean all the controls and pushbuttons thoroughly with DeOxit. Work them back and forth a bunch of times before you go crazy with replacing transistors that maybe fine.

Lots of great information and some stickys about cleaning controls properly.

2216b is a sweet little receiver and worth doing right but your problem initially might be just dirty controls that caused your lost channel.

Rule that out and wait for the real experts to check in with more advice.

First thing i did, that is why i decided to start changing the caps they looked pretty bad when i started on the phono board and took the caps out checked some of them and some were totally gone, with the help of this source (AK) i am sure i will get this sorted out

Pat

Hi All, Well it took a while but i did receive new transistors for this unit,I changed them out also changed out the 945's while i was in there, so i fired it up and to my dissmay the one channel is still out, now i am stuck i bin reading all the 2216b rebuild threads out there the one thing i read was the V701-V702 was changed out with 10ohm 1/4watt resistor this i have not done yet if one of the lamps is open will this cause one channel to be out???

Pat

did you check the speaker fuses F701 and F702? I'd start there. If the fuses are OK, try headphones.... still missing the channel?

Hi all, I did find a faulty fuse in there i have bin trying to get a replacement fuse it call's for a 3.5amp 250volt fuse i can not seem to find the exact same fuse to replace it with is their an alternative??

Pat

The hard part about the fuses is they have wires on the ends which are soldered into the pcb. I recapped my 2216b and did a general cleanup and refurbished.

I know that is not my problem, i am wondering if i can go up or down with the amps??? I can get fuses with pigtails

Pat

It's definitely safest to go down to 3 Amp instead of up to 4 if you can't get the 3.5 Amp. Having the fuse blow sooner than later is better.

Hi All, Eureka changed out the bad fuse after recapping and cleaning everything and it is ALIVE i have not yet done the bias yet but i did notice the left channel seems to be weak, How would i trouble shoot this??? I do appreciate all your help could not have done this without that.
Many Thanks
Pat

Back
Top Bottom