Marantz 2220B FM pointer light to AUX (rewire)

DavidParis

Howdy folks,
Have read about this mod but not sure how to do it. Since I use the excellent re-capped and re-vitalized 2220B by streaming only, I'm always on AUX input. I'd like to re-direct the current source for the FM pointer bulb to the AUX position just for the pleasure of "looking at it" with awe and admiration...
Anyone tried this, and in which case, be willing to offer some advice?
Thanks a million,
David

The bulb is powered by 8Vac and the low side is switched to ground by the function switch. If the low side wire is detached and grounded it will always be on no matter what. That wire is the one soldered to the terminal strip behind the dial lamp housing, not the wire to the back of the lamp board. Getting a soldering iron to that area has the peril of zapping the dial cord which is very unforgiving with heat. Many of us know that fact!!

The bulb will then go out per Murphy's Law!

The bulb is powered by 8Vac and the low side is switched to ground by the function switch. If the low side wire is detached and grounded it will always be on no matter what. That wire is the one soldered to the terminal strip behind the dial lamp housing, not the wire to the back of the lamp board. Getting a soldering iron to that area has the peril of zapping the dial cord which is very unforgiving with heat. Many of us know that fact!!

The bulb will then go out per Murphy's Law!

@rBuckner - Thanks for the response. Sounds like a challenge, especially since Murphy and I have never been friends...I'll have a closer look to see if I'd want to attempt that or not...

Back
Top Bottom