Marantz 2220B re cap and Mod

houndlover74

Hi all I have been a member for a bit just back from a little break . I have a nice sounding marantz 2220B , I'm looking to have it re capped , maybe a pre out added , lights changed ,maybe some RCA jacks changed am I crazy to put good money into a little reciever , I have 140 Canadian in it so far , I'm not looking to flip it just want it to be as good as it can be . I sold off my high end rig during a work slow down and am enjoying the music more then the gear though still am an audio junkie . Any suggestions for caps , mods , would-be gratefully appreciated ! Thanks Shawn

Hello All, My first post.
Decided to post in this thread as i need a little help.
I have this model and one of the Electrolytic caps has leaked on one of the boards, i only noticed it yesterday whilst making a modification.
The cap i need to replace has a tolerance of +100% -20% i can only find ones that are +-20%....does this have any significance?
I'll be keeping the uf value and voltage the same obviously.
Btw i don't have any professional Electronics experience hence my question.

You can always use a lower tolerance cap. That just means it is closer to spec. If they publish a spec of +100% -20%, that just means the value isn't very critical on the up side.

You can always use a lower tolerance cap. That just means it is closer to spec. If they publish a spec of +100% -20%, that just means the value isn't very critical on the up side.
Thanks Steven very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi all I have been a member for a bit just back from a little break . I have a nice sounding marantz 2220B , I'm looking to have it re capped , maybe a pre out added , lights changed ,maybe some RCA jacks changed am I crazy to put good money into a little reciever , I have 140 Canadian in it so far , I'm not looking to flip it just want it to be as good as it can be . I sold off my high end rig during a work slow down and am enjoying the music more then the gear though still am an audio junkie . Any suggestions for caps , mods , would-be gratefully appreciated ! Thanks Shawn

Must have changed your mind, as I just saw the same picture on another site for sale!

Back
Top Bottom