Marantz 2225 tuning problem

BassoRider

I have a 2225 that is just perfect, apart from a tuning meter problem.

If I dial in an FM station using the ”Signal Strength” meter and my ears, the ”FM Tuning” meter stops off-center some 25 degrees left (see picture ”FM1”). But the FM reception is OK.

The ”FM Tuning” meter is also slightly off-center when I set the Selector knob away from ”FM”, but no big deal... (picture ”FM2”)

Is there anything I can do to rectify this? The Tuner Board is full of trim pots, and I don't have the service manual (picture ”FM3”). And the only ”test equipment” i possess is a DVM.

Or should I just learn to live with it? :music:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• FM1.jpg
    FM1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 113
  • FM2.jpg
    FM2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 108
  • FM3.jpg
    FM3.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 94
I have a 2225 that is just perfect, apart from a tuning meter problem.

If I dial in an FM station using the ”Signal Strength” meter and my ears, the ”FM Tuning” meter stops off-center some 25 degrees left (see picture ”FM1”). But the FM reception is OK.

The ”FM Tuning” meter is also slightly off-center when I set the Selector knob away from ”FM”, but no big deal... (picture ”FM2”)

Is there anything I can do to rectify this? The Tuner Board is full of trim pots, and I don't have the service manual (picture ”FM3”). And the only ”test equipment” i possess is a DVM.

Or should I just learn to live with it? :music:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The detector is misaligned this adjusting is not on the Front end board...but normally on the fm board, I haven't got a picture of the inside of the 2225 it looks like this (2235 inside), the top is to adjust the detector, the bottom is to adjust dht...

Merci, OldMarantz!

This is the inside of my 2225 (before cleaning!). There's a double trim pot occupying the same space. Should I try that one?

Attachments

• FM4.JPG
    FM4.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 128
Marantz 2240 as pre-amp

Hi,
As I have been trying to sort out my Kef 103/3's with my Marantz 2240, it is becoming clear that the unit is not ready to take on 4 ohm speakers.
I was looking into an AMC tube amp which delivers 100WPC and specifically support 8 and 4 ohm speakers. It is apparently a great amp. I have one of AMC intergrated tube amps and I love it. This one does not have any sound correcting knobs. It is just an amp.
My question is, can I use my Marantz as a pre-amp? It has Left/Right RCA jacks that say Pre Out. Could I send that to the new amp?
What are the jacks that say Main In?

Thanks for any info you can give me.
In any event all the help has been great and I really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Philip

Merci bien, M. OldMarantz!

Works perfectly now! :tresbon:

Philip07, start a new thread! Just some kindly advice. :thmbsp:
Much better chance that someone will see your question.

Back
Top Bottom