1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz 2226 Signal Strength Meter not working

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by lakeeffect, Mar 6, 2018.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect New Member

I'm bringing some vintage equipment back to life and I recently went over my Marantz 2226 receiver. DeoxIT on all the pots, new lamps, clean and lube, etc, and it's working great - except for one thing - the radio signal strength meter does not move. (The FM tuning meter was also out but came back after I cleaned the pots)

The schematic I downloaded was not much help. Wondering what may be the problem.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Jailtime

Jailtime Standin' on a corner Subscriber

Does it receive FM well, tune in FM stereo?

Did you Deoxit all the switches too? Looks like the signal for that meter is routed through a mess of switches. Treated all of the parts of the selector switch?

3. lakeeffect

lakeeffect New Member

FM does work, stereo included. I did treat the switches but was not especially thorough. I will hit them again with a little more gusto. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. ton4eff

ton4eff Active Member

Tilt the unit around, check if the arrow moves at all. I've seen these mechanically stuck...

5. lakeeffect

lakeeffect New Member

Looks like it was the selector switch. I gave it another good cleaning and I've got AM and FM signal strength again. Thanks for all the replies.

Jailtime likes this.