Marantz 2226 Speaker Pairing

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by kswenson, Sep 14, 2017.

1. kswenson

kswenson AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm currently finishing up a restore on my 2226 nothing serious mostly cleaning, changing bulbs etc, all else working as it should! I used to run it on a pair of Klipsch Heresy but I've decided to go with something else once its finished. I'd consider a pair f JBL L26 Decades as MCM_Fan has got me excited about hearing some smaller JBLs.

What does everything think of the pairing? I can secure some L26 locally for not too much $ Anything else you'd all recommend for the 2226?

2. the skipper

the skipper Amateur Curmudgeon Subscriber

Personally, I think the L-26's would do well with that receiver. Great early 70's JBL sound and easy to drive. I've got a pair myself and am driving them with a tiny Lepai amp for the bedroom TV which manly plays Pandora. Before that I used 'em with a 2230.

Of course, you may get a plethora of different "opinions". There is no one real answer.

3. dantay

dantay AK Subscriber Subscriber

I power JBL 4411 with a Marantz 1200B and really enjoy the result.

4. Marine0811

Marine0811 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I agree with the older JBL's. Most models are easy to drive

5. Bodyblue

Bodyblue AK Subscriber Subscriber

Marantz Imperial 6s, hands down. I have a 2220B and really liked it with some Nova 7s but when I found my Imperial 6s I started loving it. Synergy can be amazing and that is what it is with the 2220B/Imp 6. They can be hard to find but well worth it. There is nothing wrong with going the JBL route of course and they are easier to find since they sold a ton of them........

http://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/loudspeakers-when-is-good-enough-enough-part-1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kswenson

kswenson AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks Bodyblue, I'll look into the Imp 6s ! Any one else have favorites?

7. FauxHall

FauxHall Super Member

My first thought is Baby Advents.

Original Large Advents would be good too. If I came across some EPIs I would jump on 'em.

JBLs would be better for headbanging RnR though.