Marantz 2226b Lighting Bracket thingy

AudioAddict

I told you all before that I have a Marantz 2226b receiver that I got from my dad before he passed on..I went into it because the lights quit..What I found both shocked and appalled me..Come to find out he got it from my uncle a few years before he died and my uncle had rigged up a string of clear christmas lights instead of buying the right bulbs for the unit...Needless to say what I found was a lighting bracket that was melted in places, the board that the bulbs go onto was completely gone..The cord for the christmas lights was soldered to the switched outlet on the back of the unit.( Im glad that the dial string wasnt burned into) What Im trying to get at and I hope Im not posting to the wrong forum here..Is that I need the lighting bracket and bulb PC board for my unit ..If anyone has a trashed 2226b please shoot me an email or IM me so we can talk .....Thanks a bunch!!!

AudioAddict

All I can say is to lok out on epray for the part you need or a parts unit. I am sorry to hear how bad it is off, do you have a picture, maybe it is salvagable?

Plays great with the help of some deoxit, but the plastic lighting bracket and light board is toast... Sounds Great... But I miss my blue lights:tears:
Thanks for the response good idea Ill keep the eyes peeled on the bay..

AudioAddict

Maybe line what is left with some white tape and solder some of those permanent LED lamps in there?

Glad she is singing though, I love it when old gear works.

alexkerhead said:
Maybe line what is left with some white tape and solder some of those permanent LED lamps in there?

Glad she is singing though, I love it when old gear works.

Hey!!! Now thats an idea!!!!LED 's put off heat but nothing like an incandescent bulb..In fact I had thought of tearing into an old old laptop I have here and stealing the tiny ballast and florescent bulb out of it and putting that behind the display with the ballast far away from signal wires etc....Hahaha What we do for the sacred "Blue"
Lights....lol Thanks for the input!!! AudioAddict

I like that idea of using the florescent bulb. That would be a great way to make the blue seem "more pure"

Be sure to replace the vellum paper though, yellow vellum paper makes green lights.

Yea ..Youre right, I hadnt thought of that..We certainly dont want Green lights in a Marantz..If it werent for the fact that the vellum acted as a diffuser for the light Id just remove it completely.. I mean its sole purpose is to reduce the glare from the bulbs and spread out the light ...Am I correct?
Thanks , AudioAddict

Im kinda wondering now after thinking about it , if the florescent light itself would introduce a "Buzz" in the sound (Kinda like when you get yur Stratocaster too close to the monitor) Hmmmmmm:scratch2: AudioAddict

I don't think the light would add buzz, it is made to operate in much more sensitive conditions than a marantz 2226, so I wouldn't worry. And yes, the paper is just their to reduce glare..lol
I use a peice of printing paper as replacement.

Back
Top Bottom