1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz 2226b Stereo Indicator Lamp question

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by Ricktptman, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Ricktptman

Ricktptman Great Music deserves Great Gear & vice versa. Subscriber

I tried to find this in pre-existing threads, but I didn't see this question addressed "head on". One thread alluded to my question, I'd just like to verify it with longtime Marantz collectors.

I was recently given two receivers. They're my first Marantz receivers, but I have worked on a number of their tuners, it's just been a while. The first one is a 2215b (what a lovely surprise that was! Well, they both are, to be honest) and its restoration has been pretty straightforward. But as I went through the 2226b, I replaced the Stereo lamp with an LED (no problems there), but as I finished going through it, the "Stereo" indicator started staying lit when on any input EXCEPT AM Radio. It lit from the get-go with the tuner. Maybe I just didn't realize that it would light on the other "Stereo" inputs, but it does. That WOULD explain why the lamp was out if it stays lit on everything in Stereo "all the time". I don't really have a problem, I'd just like to verify (the OM/SM seems to indicate that this is correct, but doesn't specifically mention the lamp) that it's working as it should. Thanks in Advance...

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Steven Tate

Steven Tate AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yes, the stereo light is supposed to light on all stereo inputs. If it has a mono button, it should go off if you push the mono button.

3. Ricktptman

Many thanks. Here's a photo. The 2226b still needs dial LED's. I put in some leftover incandescents until they arrive.

Attached Files:

4. Steven Tate

Steven Tate AK Subscriber Subscriber

Looks to be in very good physical condition. Nice!:thumbsup:

Ricktptman likes this.
  5. Ricktptman

Thanks, Steven! It was pretty clean on the inside and worked right out of the box, two fuse lamps and that Stereo pilot notwithstanding. The Tuner needed aligning, the preamp/amp plugs were missing and the rear RCA's needed polishing, but that was about it.
    The rest was just elbow grease and various cleaners. Sounds great!