marantz 2230 tubes?

kerouacknew

Hi,
Could someone please tell me what type and number the tubes would be in my receiver?
My cousin tells me he has a bunch of tubes and am just trying to determine if they would fit. Also, is it a good idea to check my tubes and or replace my tubes? Receiver seems to be working fine.
thank u
shawn

kerouacknew said:
Hi,
Could someone please tell me what type and number the tubes would be in my receiver?
My cousin tells me he has a bunch of tubes and am just trying to determine if they would fit. Also, is it a good idea to check my tubes and or replace my tubes? Receiver seems to be working fine.
thank u
shawn

Hi Shawn

The Marantz 2230 does not use tubes, transistors only.

Lefty

kerouacknew said:
Hi,
thank u
shawn

Your receiver is what is known as "Solid State" or "Transistor Only", it doens't use tubes but is know for having a "tube like" sound. So I can see where you might have gotten confused.

Nonetheless, the 2230 is a fine receiver and has many fans! :yes: Just out of curiosity, what speakers are you using with it?

Hey, thanks for clearing that up.
I thought it had tubes.
Sounds really good to me through.
I am using paradigm titans with it. Why do u ask?
Any better recommendations?
thanks again
s

Just curiousity...Nothing else...All that matters is how it sound to you. Thats the singular mantra of this forum. :music:

Back
Top Bottom