Marantz 2230 Unbalanced volume

It may be a piss-poor volume control. Lower-end models, like the 2230, don't exactly have a high-end volume control and L/R tracking is commonly off at lower volumes. I'd bet it gets better as you turn it up. If so, you may have to live with it, or see if you can fit a new volume control in there.

I have this issue with my Marantz Model 3600 preamps. If the volume is too low....and I mean pretty low....the center image will always favor the left side. Drives me nuts. Since most of my listening is from my PC, I keep the volume up enough on the Marantz to keep the image centered and turn down the volume on my PC to compensate. Works well.

I have a 2230 that has the balance switch that just spins and pulls out, the insides are shattered, RMO254020, plays music but no speaker selection, anyone know where I could get a replacement? First time on the thread, burned out.

A cold solder joint can also cause problems like this. The seldom used tape monitor switch can also be a problem. Can't remember if the Marantz headphone jack cuts out the speakers when the headphones are plugged in, (my Standard SR-207U does) and this seldom unused contact can be problematic as well.

Back
Top Bottom