Marantz 2235b problem

audiomaniac2

Hi folks, hoping one of you experts out there can help me.I have a problem in the pre and tone amp board Pe01.
I have changed out all the electrolytic caps on the board and all the transistors. The problem is is that the left channel will drop out now and then.Mostly if i start on low volume. When it drops out i have a signal on the volume control output so i know its not the volume control. If I touch my scope probe to various points in the circuit the channel drops in . sometimes dropping out when i lift off the probe or stays on. I can put my finger on the on the board also and does the same thing. Also if I turn the volume control up high enough it will kick on.The power amp is fine.

I would inspect for cold solder joints and or cracked traces, especially for the tone pots.

Thanks for responding. I think i may have found the problem. I think it was the switched rca jack for the main in not making good contact. I deoxed it. It's working now but i'll have to wait and see if that was the problem.

Back
Top Bottom