Marantz 2235B problem?

john5220

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have an intermittent problem with the receiver where the right channel cuts out from time to time. Jiggling the volume knob will get the sound back again, until it goes out again. I've left it with a tech. and he can't get it to replicate the problem.

Is it possible it's a problem with the right speaker and not the receiver? I switched from speaker A to speaker B and it didn't correct it.

TIA

I had a problem like that on my 2235b.It was a bad connection on the main in jack on the back of the receiver.that jack has a built in switch.I sprayed it with deoxit and it fixed it.I plugged in and out a rca type plug to work the switch back and forth after I sprayed it.

I have a Marantz 2235B that has this same issue but Id like to get it looked at , tuned up and cleaned by someone, any suggestions around the Central IL area for shops, certified repairs etc...

The problem turned out to be with the speakers, not the receiver. Thanks for all the replies.

I had a problem like that on my 2235b.It was a bad connection on the main in jack on the back of the receiver.that jack has a built in switch.I sprayed it with deoxit and it fixed it.I plugged in and out a rca type plug to work the switch back and forth after I sprayed it.

Hi, audiomaniac2
Your hint helped me solve the same problem!

I thought the problem was the volume pot, but it was the main in jack.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom