Marantz 2238 Help!

TK427

I purchased a Marantz 2238 receiver from ebay. Unboxed it, checked it over and everything looked good and clean. I cleaned and lubed the pots let them dry overnight and was ready to plug it in to see if it fired up. I was aware that the power button was stuck in the on position when purchasing. I plugged the unit in and came right on, all lights working. I tried the power button and was able to get it to power the unit on and off a few times. I hooked up some speakers and tuned in a local radio station and it sounds great! HERE IS THE ISSUE. When I turned it off with the power button when I was done listening to the radio, it will not turn back on. The power button clicks in and out but nothing comes on. I plugged a cd player to the switched and unswitched outlets on the back. The unswitched has power. The switched has power when I push the power button in and out, but the receiver will not turn on. I'm a noob at this and this is my first vintage piece, so I need help trying to figure out if it is just the power button causing this or if it is something else. If it is the power button, I can replace that no problem, but if it is a deeper issue, I will need to get it to my local service tech. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Actually, since this is power, the contacts ware out from arcing and the switch should be replaced. Replacement available... @dgwojo or ebay.

New power button installed, still no power. Checked the fuses and they are all ok. Anyone else have this problem with their Marantz receivers? I just want to know what to look for next.

Back
Top Bottom