Marantz 2245/2270 P750 Amp Board Replica

Superb work as usual.
Is the spacing between J761-J759....J756 standard - I mean, would it allow using any modern connector?
Likewise for the other connection posts. Soldered connections are best of course, but a pluggable connector would
be so convenient.

Let it be soldered. Let it be hard-core! :) The spacing between the pins is 7.3mm. I'm doing it as closer to the original as possible (to the pdf at least). I'll consider some eventual changes, due to the unobtainable parts etc. when I get the job done and all layers are finished.

Silkscreen, holes and bottom copper layers almost finished. Solder mask will be the last step. Here is the picture of the latest version. Added an extra hole for a smaller C751 cap, I'll think if it will stay in the final version. By the way for a future reference the "Pathway Gothic One" font works best for the part number of the PCB - looks closer to the original... font.JPG Let me know if you notice any discrepancies against the Mike's earlier published scanned board . I'll also double check with the schematic if everything matches...

p750.JPGscanned p750.JPG

Awesome work! My dad was an EE who was always building electronic stuff in the 50’s and 60’s. I remember him making printed circuit boards with a photosensitive process. He would draw it out in black and white, make a high contrast negative, paint the copper surface with a photosensitive material, place the negative over it, expose it to an arc welder light, and place in an acid bath that would only eat up the exposed metal. That made a pretty good looking PCB. Very archaic by today’s standards, but interesting to have seen where all of this came from.:thumbsup:

@Steven Tate, of course the board will work just fine with modern 45/90deg "sterile" traces. I just like the vintage look of the curved tracks. They were drawn by hand at the time and I draw them by hand too, just using a computer instead of a real paper. And it's very difficult, because modern PCB editors doesn't support this feature at all... Guess who's expecting a graphical tablet for easier drawing to arrive today... :D

p.s. And they use photoresist method in the PCB factories even today AFAIK... This is an interesting video about the current day technology:

Last edited:
Hi Ton4eff, I checked the silk screens and as far as I can see, everything is good.
The "Pathway Gothic One" font is certainly a pretty close match to the original -
BUT the original number on the scan shows YD2819009-0 - but you have an 8 instead of 9.
And the AP16 in the middle - you changed to 2018...

That number was from the pdf... I'll correct the writings later. These scans did a pretty nice job actually, thanks to Mike. As it goes, the gerber files will be ready until the real board arrives. I didn't find any picture online for the revised version however. No problem for the copper layer, but I don't have the silkscreen and I have to improvise with those... We'll see...

@ton4eff, very interesting video. Looks like they use an ultra-modernized version of the same process my dad used 50 years ago. I’m really impressed with your duplication of the shapes on the original board. I’m sure that tablet will make it much easier. I’m really enjoying seeing your progress. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Looks not easy to add extra holes for R762 without changing the traces?
The silk screen and holes for H753 seem a bit wonky - is that so you stay true to the original?
You also corrected all the text on the copper side :)

Updated the holes for the R762 and R763 trimmers... If using those Bourns 3386X, R763 will fit 100%. R762 will require some slight bending of the legs. And I think this will be all for the copper layer and I'll consider it finished...
bourns.JPG r763.JPG r762.JPG copper.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom