Marantz 2245 Missing Amps

fuzzyme

Ok, I had a great find last night. For $30 I picked up a Marantz 2245 Stereophonic receiver last night, however both AMPs inside are missing. Some fool remove the amps. I works great through the preamp to my 140 Amp, but not on its own.

So now, I am looking for parts for this unit. Does anyone have what I am looking for? Please post a reply or e-mail me.

nosmatt said:
would that actually work???

if so, why not this one? --> http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/FK667

:)

Looks like they could be made to work. You will have to check what the rail to rail voltage is from your power supply to make sure it is equal or less then what these modules require. Secure mounting would be the biggest thing to solve. You also need to find out where to wire the amp modules input and outputs to your receiver circitry, a service manual or schematic is a must.

Lefty

fuzzyme said:
Ok, I had a great find last night. For $30 I picked up a Marantz 2245 Stereophonic receiver last night, however both AMPs inside are missing. Some fool remove the amps. I works great through the preamp to my 140 Amp, but not on its own.

So now, I am looking for parts for this unit. Does anyone have what I am looking for? Please post a reply or e-mail me.

Buy one of the parts 2245's that are on e-bay right now, then sell me a knob off of it.:D

Rob

tarior said:
I have a basket case 4220 here, too bad I couldn't stuff a couple of those in it!
You probably could, those amps are tiny. I have a few of them and wow they are small for their size. :)

I am working on a plan to get some kind of yorx super stereo and put some of those 300 watt amps in it, that would be cool.

Robisme said:
Buy one of the parts 2245's that are on e-bay right now, then sell me a knob off of it.:D

Rob

Rob, what kind of knob do you need? I have two scratched selector knobs I replaced on my 2240B. Exactly the same as the 2245. Note: these are NOT the "split" knobs for bass, treble controls.

Let me know.

Doug

I am looking for a parts unit. Prefer to use the amp from a used unit rather than after market because I may need to modify the after market parts to get them to fit and I have no clue where to start.

Back
Top Bottom