Marantz 2245 or 2250B

JCTroncoso

Hi!

Greetings from Poland!

I am looking for a reliable Marantz receiver, in good shape and 100% operative. The offer here is quite limited. I was told that the 2245 adapts to my needs, space and style (warm sound) but it is not very easy to find one here . There is an offer for a 2250B that looks in very good condition (from the pictures). What do you recommend?, going for this one or to wait for an eventual 2245?

Best regards,

JC

If the price is right, either one is a very nice option. You will be very pleased either way, and you wont have to worry about losing your money if the price is right

I have a 2245 and a 2250B both of which I have restored and both are excellent receivers.
IMHO you can't go wrong with either one of them.

Sound wise they are close with the 2250B having slightly more pronounced low and high ends.
Performance wise I would have to say they are on par.
Feature wise the 2250B adds variable crossover points for the tone controls which might be useful depending on your speakers
The 2250B also has an extra tape loop which is good for another line level input - this is huge IMO!

However, if I could only have one, it would be the 2250B because of the feature set.

Hi!

Greetings from Poland!

I am looking for a reliable Marantz receiver, in good shape and 100% operative. The offer here is quite limited. I was told that the 2245 adapts to my needs, space and style (warm sound) but it is not very easy to find one here . There is an offer for a 2250B that looks in very good condition (from the pictures). What do you recommend?, going for this one or to wait for an eventual 2245?

Best regards,

JC
2245 is a small version of 2270. You consider it as a more classic Marantz than 2250B. You could buy from abroad too, like German ebay etc. I have 2270, it has very warm woolly kind of sound. tube like maybe. I find movie dialogs for instance not as clear as on some other receivers. It has a lot of middle bass I would say. 2245/2270 are easy to service except for main amp boards and radio tuner boards that have to be unsoldered, I don't know about 2250B.

Back
Top Bottom