Marantz 2252 help

maclvrbr

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Was recently given this abused receiver it has been in a environment with moisture as the transformer has quite a bit of rust. The problem is that when I push the power switch after a few seconds I do hear the relay but there is no sound through speaker (FM) and I have no lights period. This has been tampered within the past.One of the 2a 250v fuses was open so I replaced it but no difference. I would appreciate any guidance

If you hear the relay, then it's likely that the lamps are just burned out. Try connecting an iPod or similar directly to the amp in RCA - but start with the volume on the iPod at its lowest because it controls the volume, not the receiver with this connection. I'd try headphones and don't have them on your ears when you start. If that doesn't work then there's a problem with the amp boards. If it works, try connecting the iPod to the AUX input. You might try jumpers between the pre-out and main in RCAs.

If a fuse was open, it indicates some problem still exists, most likely. They don't blow without some reason.

There is no voltage coming from the transformer wires the 2 green and 2 white wires. . I am concerned the transformer is bad. Any sure way to check. I hooked up an aux cd player with headphones but no sound. thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
One of the power amp fuse holders was too wide , poor connection to the fuse now I have power to the receiver functions. My issue now is while tuning strength meter will not move. I have used a multimeter to determine that it will move. Ideas? thanks

Back
Top Bottom