Marantz 2252b - need a technician

I recently had one of those in my bedroom, ( not mine ) opened up , on its way to correct a hum in the transformer .

Thanks - yes - all stock. Add ons included defroster, underseat heater, full chrome - trunk guards, bumper guards/ends, Flying Lady Hood ornament, 5-Band 9 tube Radio, foglights, wind up clock - all worked perfectly. Repainted in base/clear (good choice). The only caveat were the radial whitewalls - better for a driver.

That 4400 is absolutely sexy. Shit............!

42ED5237-E7ED-4CEE-AED6-A66E16DD198A.jpeg Yes , you don’t want to run bias ply on it. Mine isn’t stock 350/350 on a cutlass frame but it still has the wind up clock. Gauge pods everywhere.

Yeah I’ll post when I start rebuilding it.

Last edited:
As the former 17 year owner of a 1941 Chevrolet (200+ trophies including a 3rd national), I very well know the difference between a repair and a restoration. I'm also aware of levels of restoration - frame off, frame on, mechanical, nuts and bolts, etc. I don't need or want a frame of restoration for my Marantz. I want it to work properly for my needs. I'm sure that pulling it down to the bare shell, hand soldering, replacing every part, etc. is expensive. I don't need or want that. Maybe someday? Not now.

So - while I don't feel I'm in a "pissing match" (been in those before - usually political discussions), if someone thinks this is one - please accept my apologies! We should be able to discuss and clarify - maybe even disagree - without it being a pissing match.

Hey buddy, please PM me ! I have a rational solution for you that probably doesn't include exceeding the value of you receiver once fully restored.,I agree with you, spending way beyond what you need to just to get it serviceable isn't always a good idea.

I have done a partial recap on one of my 2252B's.
Can tell you it is not an easy one to do.
That said I still don't have over five hours in the boards and guessing less then $50 in parts.
Then again remember, you are not paying for the time or parts in reality, just the skill and knowledge of the tech.

Follow up. The Marantz came back looking and performing as it did new in 1978. 6 months later.....still great. Just got my Teac X1000R back. Just as impressive. The heads from an x2000r replaced the originals, and a replacement logic board with a small necessary repair was also installed. Casper is the guy to go to.

Back
Top Bottom