Marantz 2265 - need help

anti-doom

I need to create new thread on Marantz 2265 to make things more clear so people can help me to solve the issue. The issue is that it pops when turning selector.

Here are what I have done on my 2265.

1. Recapped power supply board, power amp board and pre-amp board.
2. DeOxited (at least 10 times) all the switches.

I connected other pre-amp to 2265 power amp section and it works fine. no distorted. no cracking. no popping so power-amp section is good. Which narrow it down to pre-amp section.

It does not pop when turn it on or turn it off.
Got 35V at power supply board.
Able to adjust offset DC around 15mv at speaker terminals.

Here are the issues:

1. It pops when switching selector between FM - PHONO - AUX. The pop is too loud that it caused the relay shut-off and click back in after 1/2 second. It does not pop when changing between AUX and TAPE

2. While on either FM, PHONO or AUX, it pops when pressing or depressing loudness, FM mutting, MONO, MONITOR buttons.

3. FM volume is louder than other input (about 30%). When on FM, turning volume will causes popping sound, and again the relay clicks as described above.

4. Sliding balance slide sometimes causes right channel cut-off.

Other than that, it works just fine. Excellent sounding until I touch any button.

Again, I have sprayed a lot of deoxit into the switches.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
With a meter set on ohms setting, should be simple enough to trace the grounds through out the chassis.

It pops both channels but I think I fix it. I did resolder the power supply board ground and it seems the pop is gone.

Back
Top Bottom