Marantz 2265B restore

sweet alexkerhead!! here's a hint, next time you take a pic, use external lighting and don't use the camera's flash. BTW, after cleaning the faceplate, I like to use a little furniture polish(spray stuff in a can) to make em glow. :thmbsp:

I love this particular series from Marantz! I gave my teenage son a 2252B, they are stunning! :yes:

Thanks for the comments guys.
And thanks for the tip bolly, next time I will do that.

This thing sounds amazing on the L100s with the new wiring(rca's and speaker)
The bass is sustained and clean, before it had fluxuations when going below 35Hz. Mids are clean and sound natural. Highs have no rasps, very clean as well.

I am so happy! :music:

When you say restore do you mean the whole nine? Caps and all? Just wondering. I love those silver dial Marantzs. My 2252B constantly amazes.

TrexT said:
When you say restore do you mean the whole nine? Caps and all?
Yes, new caps. *_*
They came with it, I just had to solder em in. ^_^
When I got the reciever, the right channel was totally dimmed out.
this sucker was played so much, every bulb was blown..lets put it that way. :banana:

She is ready for another long haul now.
I did a freq response test, the L100s are audible as low as 18Hz, as where the old pioneer sx-950 I had was only audible at 24Hz.
Vinyl, tape, CDs, and my computer sound warm and sweet, as where it wasn't too enjoyable on my old reciever.

Ha, I told me mother this reciever is worth a descent amount of money and she told me to sell it when I fixed it, I said "heck no" and I let her listen to it today and she said "I am glad you didn't sell it"

Hehe. :yes:

beautiful . Not only a great sound but unmatched looks by today's "hifi". thats why were all here though isn't it !
One small side note - i thought the dial pointer illuminated on the 2265 ? If so your restoration isn't finished yet :D

In the lit pic he has the selector set to AUX....the pointer only lites up with selector set to AM or FM.......

No fret ironhorse! gunut is correct, I left no stone unturned!
I leave my reciver on aux and use my EQ(one main and two tapes, one cd and two tapes, one r2r and the other standard cassette) as a preamp, unless I am listening to vinyl, then I use one of the two phono options on the reciever.
I love the fact that it has two phono and two tape built in..hehe

Wow. I'm not sure what's cooler - the 2265B, or the KayPro IV.

Ok, the 2265 is cooler, and I'd rather have it, but big points for the KayPro. I had one at my home for about 6 months back then, and I will never forget looking up from it after an hour and everything - EVERYTHING - was pink.
Awesome.

wank said:
Wow. I'm not sure what's cooler - the 2265B, or the KayPro IV.

Ok, the 2265 is cooler, and I'd rather have it, but big points for the KayPro. I had one at my home for about 6 months back then, and I will never forget looking up from it after an hour and everything - EVERYTHING - was pink.
Awesome.

heh, the kaypro was a cinema display compared to the osborne !

/end threadjack

Hey Alexkerhead; nice collection of telephones... I have worked for the Bell in Toronto for 29 years and remember replacing those sets with newer models and returning the old ones...and who knows what happened to them...I also remember the Bell letting us buy the old coin payphones for $20.00.What was'nt bought got hauled off to the trash heap. :tears:

alexkerhead said:
No fret ironhorse! gunut is correct, I left no stone unturned!
I leave my reciver on aux and use my EQ(one main and two tapes, one cd and two tapes, one r2r and the other standard cassette) as a preamp, unless I am listening to vinyl, then I use one of the two phono options on the reciever.
I love the fact that it has two phono and two tape built in..hehe

aahhh -that explains that , i thought it was funny you would miss that after looking at the job on the rest of it ! Crank it & Enjoy ! :yes:

boyon00 said:
Hey Alexkerhead; nice collection of telephones
Thanks.

I have worked for the Bell in Toronto for 29 years and remember replacing those sets with newer models and returning the old ones...and who knows what happened to them...I also remember the Bell letting us buy the old coin payphones for $20.00.What was'nt bought got hauled off to the trash heap. :tears:
Yeah, they parted most of the 500s to make the modern jacked ones. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom