Marantz 2270 Engraved Survey

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by dgunnr, Jul 4, 2015.

1. BobSat

BobSat New Member

Please register to disable this ad.

2. PooPoo

PooPoo Active Member

These are all fakes! No such a thing. At some point these plates which are real Champange or silver engraved from early serial units and were swapped out to these higher serial units and I believe this was the work of one single con who then made up this whole Canadian BS system and even made stickers with a corresponding lower serial to try to convince sheeples this was done by Marantz for Canada. If you guys think these units are real original Champange or silver engraves then you guys are playing right into his scam. I’ve gotten one of these Canadian engraves and if you see the whole sticker it just looks too new and was just applied onto the unit doesn’t match how old the units are there should be some scuff or something the stickers look too damn new. Doesn’t even look right I ain’t falling for this okie doke! I paid a lot for a fake original engrave. Funny cuz these are real faceplates and real units just not the early units!

3. PooPoo

PooPoo Active Member

Oh also the inside chassis was not gold either!

4. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Just a tip for life, the moment anyone is referred to as sheeple, your cred evaporates.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    allhartfidelity likes this.
  5. dgunnr

dgunnr Marantz Owner Subscriber

I admit i was (and still am) skeptical of the Canadian engraved units. The later model chassis just don't match up with the earlier 1,000-5,000 units for all the reasons already noted. The added sticker on the back has a serial number that appears more believable than the high serial number on the "Canadian Units". Lets face it putting an engraved unit on a later model and claiming it is an engraved unit is pretty easy to do! I still see sellers on E-Bay doing it or even claiming they have an engraved Silver unit that is not even engraved just to try and make more money. It makes no sense Marantz would sit on engraved face plates for 50,000+ units then suddenly they start selling engraved units once again. Hopefully a former Marantz executive or other knowledgeable person would address this question. I am just trying to use logic and the evidence I have from tracking nearly a 100 of these units now. Anyhow, still tracking the engraved units and when i get some more useful data will post updates. In the mean time loving my Marantz receiver and Marantz speaker collection everyday!!!

Dingman likes this.