Marantz 2270 FM Quadradial?

Starrider1

My friend has a 2270 and we were wondering what the RCA Jack labeled FM Quadradial is on the back of the reciever? Thanks

from the manual.

"On anticipation of the coming of 4-channel stereo broadcasting, your Marantz 2270 is equipped with an output QUADRADIAL jack. the signal available at this jack is the unequalized, buffered output of the FM discriminator. It's level, frequency response characteristic and output impedance are ideal to drive any 4-channel adaptor. this jack can also be used as a simple white noise generator for frequency response check of loudspeakers or amplifiers with the 2270 in FM mode and tuned off from any FM signal."

Here it is out of the 2270 Owners Manual

QUADRADIAL
In anticipation of the coming of 4-channel stereo broadcasting, your Model 2270 is equipped with an output QUADRADIAL jack. The signal available at this jack is the unequalized, buffered output of the FM discriminator. Its level, frequency response characteristic and output impedance are ideal to drive any 4-channel adaptor. This jack can also be used as a simple white noise generator for frequency response check of loudspeakers or amplifiers with the Model 2270 in FM mode and tuned off from any FM signal.

Jim

...the quadradial output on the old Marantzes is also the best place to connect an external RDS - decoder. This gives you a vintage receiver with modern features, displaying RDS Data like station name etc.

Helmut

interesting...

...the quadradial output on the old Marantzes is also the best place to connect an external RDS - decoder. This gives you a vintage receiver with modern features, displaying RDS Data like station name etc.

Helmut
I learn something every day. Now I have to see if they sell RDS decoders here.

An SCA decoder could go there too... like the one I built back in the 80's for my Technics SA-222. :naughty:
Tom

Back
Top Bottom