Marantz 2270 has no output on left channel in FM only

tonefoto

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Cleaned thoroughly all push button switches and pots, cleaned selector switch thoroughly, no left channel in FM. All other inputs get both channels strong. There is very weak output from left channel in FM. FM stereo beacon lights when tuned to stereo station. Get both channels in FM with Right Mono button pushed, not no sound when Left Mono button pushed, no left channel with tape monitor buttons pushed in and out. Speaker relay takes 8 seconds to click and get signal. Power button is defective and powers on in the off position. I just picked this unit up and plan on restoring it but would like to hear from anybody who could right the ship as far as the FM left channel being out.

For the FM problem, it could be a bad component on the MPX board (it's under the AM tuner board), but my bet is a broken wire on the MPX board or on the Left Mono switch.

Tom

For the FM problem, it could be a bad component on the MPX board (it's under the AM tuner board), but my bet is a broken wire on the MPX board or on the Left Mono switch.

Tom
Thanks again for the tips Tom, I'll check these and report what I find.

Back
Top Bottom