Marantz 2270 recap Help

jFF_Bulbo

Hello AK'ers.
I hace a 2270 Unit .recently serviced. Many new pieces.
I like to recap preamplifier section, so, according to the post of LEESTEREO about, I got some MKP capacitors With the same values that the actual capacitors instaled. I used the user's manual part list.
VUmHMia.jpg

3ywuoov.jpg

GRv1NQ9.jpg

I'd like to know if they are apropiated for that

I also hay a pair of 0.33uf 250v tropical fish capacitors, i think use them yo Replace 0.22uf 50v (c401 and c402). Should I?

ulYwk2g.jpg

Regards!!

Not quite sure what's going on...
You shouldn't need to replace any film or ceramic capacitors.
Keep values the same, changing them will lead to more bad than good in most cases.

Last edited:
Yes, the red WIMA film on caps 3.3uF or less is the new standard IMO. They're cheap & easy to install.

I also agree the Mundorf's are a bit excess in cost w/not enough ROI. I'd stick to the big brown/khaki ones.

I've used a few of those to great success.
Well, actually I can't say that other caps wouldn't have sounded as good - but I am certainly happy with the result.
Marantz 2270_Tone_JP.jpg

...I also hay a pair of 0.33uf 250v tropical fish capacitors, i think use them yo Replace 0.22uf 50v (c401 and c402). Should I?

The "tropical fish" capacitors are polyester film types, hence essentially the same as the stock polyester capacitors at C401/C402.

Not quite sure what's going on...
You shouldn't need to replace any film or ceramic capacitors.
Keep values the same, changing them will lead to more bad than good in most cases.
The ceramic capacitors the OP refers to are in the signal path of the tone control circuit (Board P450); recommended replacements are C0G types.
Tone original.jpg
Tone restored.jpg

Pictures are from [URL="http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/leestereos-restoration-and-upgrade-of-a-marantz-2270.793805/"]Leestereo's Restoration and Upgrade Of A Marantz 2270[/URL]

The ceramic capacitors the OP refers to are in the signal path of the tone control circuit (Board P450); recommended replacements are C0G types.

Here is a list of manufacturers part numbers for Leestereo's 2270 P450 Tone Control board upgrade. Corrections welcomed.

2270 P450 upgrade by Leestereo.jpg

jFF
Are you into the board for another reason, like repairing something? Otherwise, I would leave the non electrolytic caps alone. That's just my opinion as lots of people like to do a rebuild and there is merit in that activity.
But if you must, keep the values as close as possible as big changes sometimes alter the original design of the circuit and can have unintended affects. You can get away with altering values for filtering, such as using a 50v instead of a 25v cap.
Cheers

jFF
Are you into the board for another reason, like repairing something? Otherwise, I would leave the non electrolytic caps alone. That's just my opinion as lots of people like to do a rebuild and there is merit in that activity.
But if you must, keep the values as close as possible as big changes sometimes alter the original design of the circuit and can have unintended affects. You can get away with altering values for filtering, such as using a 50v instead of a 25v cap.
Cheers
Hello
I'd like to have a 2270 Unit like the ones i see in this and other fórums. I got MKP caps, same values as the actual y installed. I think they are Old, but news.
GRv1NQ9.jpg

So .I really want to recap the tone board
Any suggestions?

Hello
I'd like to have a 2270 Unit like the ones i see in this and other fórums. I got MKP caps, same values as the actual y installed. I think they are Old, but news.

So .I really want to recap the tone board
Any suggestions?
Use WIMA films for all values 3.3uF and less. That’s most of the old electrolytics. Use new electrolytics for values over 3.3. See Dingman’s photo above with all of the red caps.
Edit: C401 and C402 should be films like Panasonic ECQ series (again, see Dingman’s photo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom