Marantz 2270 w\wood case

That is ridiculous. It's not worth that much totally restored! It's cool that they bathed it but what about the electrolytics? An alignment?

As nice as that is? For me it seems high enoughed priced....to trigger a lot more patience in waiting for another. (They are out there completely gone through for that....but can't judge another's priorities I guess.) Just mine.

Just someone trying to cash in on the Marantz craze.Personally...my interest in Marantz receivers would be strictly flip and there is no meat on this bone.I will say though that it is a very nice looking unit.

Last edited:
That is ridiculous. It's not worth that much totally restored! It's cool that they bathed it but what about the electrolytics? An alignment?

AH,

Wrong.

I've seen fully restored in wood do $1500, couple years ago already.

Prices are rising hard folks.
Buy them (anything) while you can.

I pulling some nice coin out of good used units that need work and serious coin out of restored stuff.

I am getting nice change out of BPC era stuff.

Could somebody post the content for posterity?
Thanks.
WITH MINT OPTIONAL WOOD CASE
SERVICED
ABSOLUTE MINT
HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE!!
its been a long time since I have seen one this clean and I took my time inside this one making sure everything was right and everything was detailed......Just TRY and find another one this clean!

(ONE SOLD NEAR THIS CONDITION LAST MONTH ON EBAY FOR $1899.99 PLUS SHIPPING) - this is NOT the receiver for the bargain hunter - its been a LONG time since I have seen one in this condition!

features a high output low distortion power amplifier. All functions, control knobs/levers, work smoothly as designed. ..... The sound quality is amazing. All functions and lights are operational.

completely serviced so NO unknowns that come with buying online.....

completely gone through and serviced.....this has had a complete face off cleaning, all knobs have been soaked and polished......all pots cleaned, all circuit boards were washed....dial lights changed out, ...completely detailed inside and out......works 100 % and has a GREAT phono input

sale for $1300
call or text five one fivexxxxxx

sorry this is one I will NOT ship......even if its paid for I do not want to see this one get damaged, its just TOO NICE and I am so close to keeping this one anyway!
00t0t_4vxSONN6s_600x450.jpg

AH,

Wrong.
I pulling some nice coin out of good used units that need work and serious coin out of restored stuff.

That's interesting. I've read the other "vintage gear prices" threads and I am of the camp that prices are peaking. But I certainly could be wrong, maybe they'll go farther.

Hi friends,
Recently (1 weekend ago) I bought a Marantz 2270 with original wooden case and a Dual turntable, all for $460. The receiver is in very good shape and working condition but the wood case it was fair condition.
I was lucky because the "Marantz tax" is up now.

AH,

Wrong.

Blaine, I am surprised. I sold my fully restored 2270 about 4 years ago for just $550. I guess I shoulda oughta probly held onto it!

Yup, I was surprised too when I saw them bring $1500-$1700.

Times changed and they are continuing to change....fast.

Hi friends,
Recently (1 weekend ago) I bought a Marantz 2270 with original wooden case and a Dual turntable, all for $460. The receiver is in very good shape and working condition but the wood case it was fair condition.
I was lucky because the "Marantz tax" is up now.

:rflmao:

When I saw the $1500 one, I had just scored one in wood with a Technics SL-1600 with a Shure V-15 for the astounding price of ...

$30

When I asked about it, they guy looked at me funny and said "You want that????"
I said yes and paid NOW!
He then threw ALL the speakers and stereo gear (an 80s Marantz rack system) in the deal for another astounding ....

$20

We had to call for help (a relative with a pickup truck) to haul all the speakers home.

I flipped the 80s rack stuff for about $150

I sold a (very nice) unrestored 2270 (no wood) about a year ago for $700.

IF you haven't heard. Vintage is GOOD and it's POPULAR and the prices are getting high.

There are people buying it up for fair prices and loading boats to go Asia.

I think it all depends on where you are. Prices are going up on the totl highly desirable gear around here, but if it isn't top of the line, it sits on the shelves even when priced lower. Also depends on the time of the year too, of course.

I do love reading about it.

To give you an example, look at heil amt tweeters. Four years ago, they were selling by thems lives as a pair on eBay for about $300. I just looked them up last night and they are going for around $360. I seriously expected them to be higher considering what new ones go for.

Another example, Kenwood KD-2055 turntable, the rock! These were going pretty well around here for $175 to $250, no problem. Lately, they seem to be going for around $175.

These are all in $Can.

But Thorens TD-160 sell no problem now for around $550. Four years ago, I got my TD-160 for $280, after it had been listed for a month at $300.

A few years ago when I was first getting into vintage gear I made the mistake of impulse buying and purchased from this guy. He told me what he had and what was done to it and I foolishly believed him and bought it. Got it home and sure enough I paid premium and got the pickle. Called him back and explained he did not represent his item properly and he said a sale is a sale, and blocked my calls. Nice guy. Not. Beware.

Wait until the "barn find" craze hits vintage audio and the rust and dirt "patina" makes it worth more than restored! It sounds crazy, but antique furniture and now cars are all this way.

Global selling is where prices can be interesting.

Local sales limit the market to local buyers and conditions.

Back
Top Bottom