Marantz 2270 with FM problem.

jFF_Bulbo

Hello. I have a 2270 receiver and al is working well, it was serviced 1 year ago, but FM sounds very very low, any idea about how to fix it? am works fine, fm ca be sintonized but it is almos unaudible......
Thank in advance!!

On the back is a switch it is labeled Attenuator . Move it to the Out position . That might do it . It controls sensitivity of FM signal

On the back is a switch it is labeled Attenuator . Move it to the Out position . That might do it . It controls sensitivity of FM signal
I WILL TRY IT THI NIGHT!!!! HOPE IT SOLVE!!
The attenuator you say, is in the back panel of the 2270? is it inside? i can remember that in this moment....
REALLY REALLY THANK YOU!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

It's outside just above the antenna inputs. It's a slide switch labelled "IN OUT." As Beamer said, if it's in the "IN" position, move to the "OUT" position. If it's already in the OUT position, get back to us, there might be something else going on.

It's outside just above the antenna inputs. It's a slide switch labelled "IN OUT." As Beamer said, if it's in the "IN" position, move to the "OUT" position. If it's already in the OUT position, get back to us, there might be something else going on.
I have photos of the unit in my cell phone (who doesn't...) and it look like the attenuator is in IN position.

I'm excited about the possibility that it's a flaw in an attenuator configuration and not something deeper ...
When I gethome i will post the result......... thank you a lot!!

Actually not a flaw, a design feature that allows the user to attenuate stronger stations.

Hello, unfortunatelly, the attenuator doesn´t improve the FM audio..... AM sounds with regular volumen.... :(

You might need to clean the push button switches . Mono L&R, Tape Monitor(both), Mute Button . Leave the mute button in the out position when done . Also clean the selector switch . Use Deoxit and then work the switches in and out 20 to 30 times .A lot of the time with a Marantz dirty switches are the cause of odd problems .

Do you have an FM antenna connected?
Have you tried turning the FM Muting switch off?

Do you have an FM antenna connected?
Have you tried turning the FM Muting switch off?
hello!!!
Well, i have no antenna, and yes, MUTING push is not pushed, and i´d like to share with you that the atenuator set in OUT allows the FM sounds a little louder (not so much, but there is a real diference) , so, next step is an FM ANTENA, and try what @Beamer302 said....

You might need to clean the push button switches . Mono L&R, Tape Monitor(both), Mute Button . Leave the mute button in the out position when done . Also clean the selector switch . Use Deoxit and then work the switches in and out 20 to 30 times .A lot of the time with a Marantz dirty switches are the cause of odd problems .
Hello!!!! Thank you!! in my country, (at least where i live and the on line stores ....) no deoxit available, so i have a spray called SILLIJET, dielectric, silicon based, according to the label, it does not leave any residue after evaporation. what do you think abou it to clean switches and potentiometers???
Regards.

Silijet is a silicon based lubricant, while Deoxit is a deoxidizer. Not sure Silijet would give you the same results as Deoxit.

Back
Top Bottom