Marantz 2270

pjf610

Hi all,getting ready to start another project a 2270, I am in the process of putting my BOM together and take a look at these main cap's the unit calls for 9000uf 55v these are not even close, what do you guys suggest to use??? This should be a challenging project!!!!

Attachments

• 20180807_135557.jpg
    20180807_135557.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 44
Before starting this I would check your serial number and make sure you have the correct schematic, parts list and manual. There are 3 or more different versions of 2270 including the schematic and parts list. I'm not sure if all the electrolytic caps are the same for them.

Next thing I would do is read the service manual error thread and copy and paste all related notes for the 2270 on to one page and print it out before ordering any parts.

Upping those filters to 10000uf shouldn't be a problem.

Be very careful with the bias diodes on the heatsinks. The leads are very fragile. There's a good post from ecluser here about relocating these to a more appropriate location.

Do you have any intentions on replacing any semiconductors in the unit?

Take your time and good luck!

I am thinking of a total rebuild it look pretty sad in there, I will see as I go. The serial number is 28299, do they have a reference in the service manual for the serial munbers???

Hi all, still working on my BOM for this unit. All the Cap's are ordered and on their way , I was able to get the main cap's from one of the guys on AK, These transistors that I am trying to find replacements for is a bit more challenging, it seems some of the cases that was used back then you can no longer get anyway any help would be appreciated this is what I am looking for:
Replacement for

2SA640 M-l
2SC945 Q
2SC735 Q
2SC484 R-Y
2SC680 B
2SA566 B
2SC984 B
2SA562 Y
This receiver is in pretty sad shape and I am planing to give it a total over haul

I don't routinely change out semiconductors unless they have failed or have a bad reputation such as the 2SC458 parts do.
2SC680 and 2SC566 are TO-66 packages and are hard to find.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom