Marantz 2275 FM sound even with VC off

davef350

This may be normal...My first Marantz receiver 2275. With it set to FM and the volume set to it's lowest level I still can hear the station from the speakers. None of my other receiver do this. 2275 owners... is this normal?

Thanks, Dave

Well thanks for the VERY rapid response! I have indeed cleaned the entire receiver...EVERYTHING because it arrived as if it had been stored in a garage for many years. I just do not think it is normal for sound to be coming from the speakers when the volume control is rotated completely off. Maybe it is with this receiver?

Dave

It is a common fault with the design of volume pot, I have a 2252 with 1channel doing that. Also the Lafayette tube receiver is doing that too. If you cant clean it off, you have to either live with it or replace it.

Very nice for the replys!

Actually the problem has been resolved...I had the receiver apart for cleaning/light bulb replacement and there must have been a grounding problem. It has been put back together and the low volume FM reception is no longer there as well has the PS hum in phono or tape selction.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom