Marantz 2275 purchase woes

That's the plan! I've been saving for 6 months and should be able to find one to her liking by the end of the month. We've been together almost 4 years and are in our early 30s. I'm so lucky to be with her and looking forward to a future together

Trust me it's a great thing to have a girl who is willing to put up with this hobby. My GF is the most awesome and understanding and she's a gem that tolerates more than most would even consider. I have more stereo gear and speakers in the living room than I should and she's totally cool with it so you are lucky to have her ( and better keep her ) How many women would tolerate the setup in the pict below and that's just the one wall!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 58
That's the plan! I've been saving for 6 months and should be able to find one to her liking by the end of the month. We've been together almost 4 years and are in our early 30s. I'm so lucky to be with her and looking forward to a future together
Great attitude. Receivers come & go. Keep positive thinking and I know the universe is brewing up something for you out there.:)
Best of luck to both of you!

I go to a few estate sale so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Last edited:
Wow that is some set up. My girlfriend went all the way to Ohio from NJ on a road trip to buy some Marantz. It was from an amazing collector who had 21 sets of speakers.

We bought a 2385, 1180 amp, DS 940 speakers, 6300 turntable, 2 dlb decoders, 2 wc-124 wood cases, 2385 manual, 2500 manual and a dealer sign. Basically I filled up every spare inch of my car. I gave her a restored 2285b with a wood case for x-mas for going.

When you have a women who shares this hobby it sure makes life easier!!!

That's so familiar and that's quite a haul. When I say I have to go on a road trip to get audio gear she's on board in a heart beat asking me what time she should be ready by. She's loves road trips for this stuff. I feel blessed.

Wow that is some set up. My girlfriend went all the way to Ohio from NJ on a road trip to buy some Marantz. It was from an amazing collector who had 21 sets of speakers.

We bought a 2385, 1180 amp, DS 940 speakers, 6300 turntable, 2 dlb decoders, 2 wc-124 wood cases, 2385 manual, 2500 manual and a dealer sign. Basically I filled up every spare inch of my car. I gave her a restored 2285b with a wood case for x-mas for going.

When you have a women who shares this hobby it sure makes life easier!!!

Most definitely! We share in our love of music. When we moved in together she had a Crosley 3 in 1 turntable, radio, CD player and an early 2000s surround sound set. We love music, but never invested in gear. Over the last year or so, we got into collecting a small amount of gear. We started by getting a Pioneer PL-41 Turntable together with what the e could scrape together. One day I got a lead on a set of New Large Advent speakers and drove from Austin to College Station to have a fun day and pick up the set. I later grabbed a second set of New Large Advents that I repaired the crossovers in and a set of Original DCM Time Windows (they still need love and I can't get into them yet). The Marantz was the next step and we talked about it a lot, but an engagement ring definitely came first for me.

Audio equipment is a commodity. Your girlfriend/ fiancee isn't.

Most definitely. She's the most important person in my life and always comes first. We're both sad about the missed opportunity, but there's always more out there. It doesn't matter in the end and we're still over here listening to Fleetwood Mac and loving our life together

Heck you're a subscriber... A wtb ad in bartertown will get you what you want (maybe better) from a more reputable seller pretty easy I bet. I have had wonderful luck with wtb ads!

Heck you're a subscriber... A wtb ad in bartertown will get you what you want (maybe better) from a more reputable seller pretty easy I bet. I have had wonderful luck with wtb ads!

I probably will either go directly through Bob and get one or do what you suggest in the future, but we can't really afford the cost of a quality restored one yet. We were jumping on the local one because of the price and quality of the unit. It's cool though... just going to remain patient for a bit

I probably will either go directly through Bob and get one or do what you suggest in the future, but we can't really afford the cost of a quality restored one yet. We were jumping on the local one because of the price and quality of the unit. It's cool though... just going to remain patient for a bit

Honestly you may really be surprised. I would explain what's going on and put out a budget for what you can spend. I know nick had a fully restored 2252b for $550-600 a while back (that may still be for sale). It never hurts to attempt and it sounds like you have cash in hand...

Honestly you may really be surprised. I would explain what's going on and put out a budget for what you can spend. I know nick had a fully restored 2252b for $550-600 a while back (that may still be for sale). It never hurts to attempt and it sounds like you have cash in hand...
Kevin,
Most definitely. She's the most important person in my life and always comes first. We're both sad about the missed opportunity, but there's always more out there. It doesn't matter in the end and we're still over here listening to Fleetwood Mac and loving our life together
Kevin, sounds like you have a fine woman there and a great start to your relationship, congrats to the both of you-------------------If you guys have ever considered a 4270 receiver I have one that I would pass on for a good price as I am running seperates rite now ( amp Pre).
This 4270 has a wood case, did not work when I received it took it to local repair guy he replaced some transistors set bias cleaned pots etc. I put it on the shelf for about a year ---got it back out plugged it in and now it blows a fuse and will not run--------------If you guys were interested let me know I would rather this unit goes to a Marantz fan than not and would try to make the price right for you.
If you would like and this site allows you can send me an email and we can discuss further. wood131@bresnan.net
Thanks
Gordon

Gordon,
Sorry to hear of your problems with the 4270. I don't know who repaired it for you, I was sorry we didn't get to work together.

Let me know if I can help, I think you have my email and phone number.

Tom

Gordon,
Sorry to hear of your problems with the 4270. I don't know who repaired it for you, I was sorry we didn't get to work together.

Let me know if I can help, I think you have my email and phone number.

Tom
Tom, Thanks for the offer to help and the reply. At this time I have so many other projects going on that I do not have the time or resources to
mess with the 4270 so I think I am just going to try to get it into the hands of someone who can appreciate it and put it to use. A couple of years ago a friend of mine gave me a heads up on a pair of Klipsch La scalas on craigslist. I had a pair of Khorns at one point but got married and kids etc. out went the khorns and other stereo equip---------so when the la scalas showed up I popped on them and moved them into my 30 x 40 woodshop behind my house, then started watching craigslist and estate sales etc. ended up with a real nice Mitsubishi amp, pre, meters, tuner setup and that is what I am running in the shop with the lascalas. so during this period, and I am still looking at estate sales etc. I acquired the 4270,4220, kenwood integrated , dynaco quad and others -----I have outfitted some neighbors and friends with some gear.
But it is now time to let go of some stuff so I came back here to see if there is someone interested in the 4270. I also have the dynaco quad , which also has some channel issues. Right now I am satisfied with the mitsu stuff and plan on running it until there is something else I run into---------I am already thinking tube amp as I have never ran one before and have speakers that may benefit from the tube thing.
Sorry about the long-winded reply Tom , I do really appreciate your kind offers and your willingness to help out---------thanks again
Gordon

Tom, Thanks for the offer to help and the reply. At this time I have so many other projects going on that I do not have the time or resources to
mess with the 4270 so I think I am just going to try to get it into the hands of someone who can appreciate it and put it to use. A couple of years ago a friend of mine gave me a heads up on a pair of Klipsch La scalas on craigslist. I had a pair of Khorns at one point but got married and kids etc. out went the khorns and other stereo equip---------so when the la scalas showed up I popped on them and moved them into my 30 x 40 woodshop behind my house, then started watching craigslist and estate sales etc. ended up with a real nice Mitsubishi amp, pre, meters, tuner setup and that is what I am running in the shop with the lascalas. so during this period, and I am still looking at estate sales etc. I acquired the 4270,4220, kenwood integrated , dynaco quad and others -----I have outfitted some neighbors and friends with some gear.
But it is now time to let go of some stuff so I came back here to see if there is someone interested in the 4270. I also have the dynaco quad , which also has some channel issues. Right now I am satisfied with the mitsu stuff and plan on running it until there is something else I run into---------I am already thinking tube amp as I have never ran one before and have speakers that may benefit from the tube thing.
Sorry about the long-winded reply Tom , I do really appreciate your kind offers and your willingness to help out---------thanks again
Gordon
to the OP kevin, if you are interested in a 4270 think about it and let me know
thanks
gordon

True true... it might be worth a shot. Going to mull it over a bit

I had a 2245 literally in my hands, for a couple of hundred dollars, I told the seller I was really interested in it and would let him know within the week. He sold it the day after I talked to him. It happens!

Older post I know. Just curious if you ever found your 2275. Your post reminded me of myself a bit when I was searching for my 2275. Although my wife wasn’t quite as caring as yours haha. But we do share the same love for music and she changed her attitude after she saw what I had been searching and fighting for with her own two eyes.

About 5 years ago my Dad gave me his entire record collection (300 plus albums) and I set out to find the right equipment to listen to it all. I researched many amps and a friend of mine had a 2325. After seeing his I knew right then I wanted a Marantz for my first vintage receiver. Decided on the 2275 and it took me about a year of searching and some brutal bidding wars I kept losing before I finally lucked out and won the bid on mine for $450. It was like I had won the lottery that day haha. And when it finally arrived, I unwrapped it, powered it up, and once I saw those beautiful lights glowing it was all worth it

C019CB49-7659-4DE0-8046-8C3A05ED27FD.jpeg3A0C2C77-F54B-4181-83DF-220BFE903563.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom