Marantz 22XX lineup

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by CoreyB, Apr 21, 2017 at 8:52 AM.

Tags:
  1. CoreyB

CoreyB New Member

I was looking for this earlier and couldn't find it. I've recently bought a Marantz 2225 and a Marantz 2285B, and I'd love to see a complete list of the 22XX lineup. I have no idea how many of them there are, but maybe a knowledgeable person here could list them all or post a link to a list of them all. Also, any details about differences between them all would be helpful and interesting. I saw that there's a 2220 and a 2220B, and I wondered if there are distinct differences between units with a B on the end and units without it, such as in the internals or the years they were produced. I imagine there's more than one 22XX collector somewhere on Audiokarma who knows every little nuance of all of these receivers. Also, feel free to share which one is your favorite and why.

2. Moby Dick

Moby Dick Member

3. Moby Dick

Moby Dick Member

My favorite is the 2265B because I own one.
    :)

4. CoreyB

CoreyB New Member

I know where a 2265B is that has been serviced. Guy wants $525.00 for it, and I've been debating about getting it. It's a bit of a drive, but I think I've developed an addiction to these 22XX units.

Moby Dick likes this.
  5. Chrisxo55441

Chrisxo55441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

My personal favorite is my 2245 ive had it over 40 years enough power for most speakers, warm marantz sound, great phono stage, looks great never had an issue with it, you can see my others in my signature

20160405_180245 (800x450).jpg

the_nines, Moby Dick and CoreyB like this.
  6. Moby Dick

Moby Dick Member

$525 is in the ballpark for a working unit according to recent ebay sales.
    If it has the Wc-22 wood case that would be a very good price.

I'm no marantz expert but it appears there are 30 different 22xx units.
    That would be some collection.

I would start with a 2270.
    That seems to be the classic model.

7. Bodyblue

Bodyblue AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am a sucker for anything in a wooden case.

Moby Dick likes this.
  8. CoreyB

CoreyB New Member

It does not have the wooden case. It is apparently a clean, one-owner unit. He cleaned it, replaced all the lights with new led lights, checked all the voltages to make sure everything was in spec, setting the dc offset and the bias, and now he's selling it. I wish it had a full recap and the wood case but it doesn't.

Moby Dick likes this.