Marantz 2325 Electrolytic capacitor list?

Oerets

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Making up a list of caps I will need to redo a 2325, and printer is out of ink. So going off the screen and made up a list. But if anyone already has done one and still knows what they used that I could compare to mine. Or experiences with this one would be apprehended.

Barney

Thanks, I will look them both over later.

What caps did you go with for the electrolytics? I normally just use the Panasonic FC but the 10uf 16v I might go with the Nichicon PW's.

Barney

What caps did you go with for the electrolytics? I normally just use the Panasonic FC but the 10uf 16v I might go with the Nichicon PW's.

Barney

Depends on what they're doing in the circuit. I like Elna Silmic II for tone path caps. Panasonic FM/FC for others. That's just my personal preference though.

Polarity ?

I know this is an old thread, but this is the closest match to my question.

The recap list says in the - power amp P700 board:

1 33/6.3 tantalum use electrolytic

Does the polarity matter for that or do I have to find a non polarized cap.

Thanks.
Srinath.

Heeeaaaayyy catrafter, thanks for responding.

And direction of the +/- doesn't matter ?

Cool.
Srinath.

looking face on with the tantalum cap at the side with the writting on it, the right side will be +, please look at the board marking and see that there is a + at the corresponding leg.

Heeeaaaayyy catrafter, thanks for responding.

And direction of the +/- doesn't matter ?

Cool.
Srinath.

I have been doing research to recap my Marantz 2325. I have seen some people using 22000uf caps instead of the normally used 18000uf caps for the main power supply. Is this safe? I'm a little concerned with the inrush current of the 22000uf caps over loading the main rectifiers (H009/H010). Anyone have any input? Thank you in advanced, 'O' Frank.

On page 40 of the SM for the 2325 you’ll note the original filter capacitors were spec’d at +50%/-10% tolerance. This gives a range between 16,200uf to 27000uf and still be within operational parameters. Your 22k filter caps would be within the safe working margin. It’s also likely the new part is a +/- 20% tolerance part meaning it could be slightly higher or lower but I think modern caps tend to come in lower if anything.

Back
Top Bottom