Marantz 2325 speaker relay ?

HomerJSimpson

Addicted Member
I have a 2325, works fine, but the speaker relay has been replace with a huge AMF relay. I believe this one is on the fritz.

What is a good replacement relay?

The one that is in there now is in a different place, with wires runing from it to the protection circuit!

Here is a pic:

Eat your heart out.

Attachments

• r0100741.jpg
    r0100741.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 91
  • r0100742.jpg
    r0100742.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 72
  • r0100743.jpg
    r0100743.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 71
  • r0100744.jpg
    r0100744.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 62
Someone will know the right relay. Some will say function over form, but that is bad. I can't believe the right one is not available. On the bright side, that relay is easy to service. May just need a cleaning.

Rob

Relays in sockets are troublesome. Put a new relay on the board where it belongs. Looks like an LY2 relay is what it is supposed to have.

Omon LY2 from mouser:

653-LY2-DC24 at $6.38 each, there are 5 choices on this "theme", all in stock...

All should solder directly into the board.

Download the product's mechanical specs, and grab a caliper to check the PCB....

Just happened to be in the neighborhood. :D

edit:
the fourth picture shows a diode position open on the board, check for a suppression diode across the relay coil.
one of those 1n4004's should work just fine... UNLESS the manual CALLS for something different...
Marantz is unfamiliar territory for me.....

markthefixer said:
Omon LY2 from mouser:

653-LY2-DC24 at $6.38 each, there are 5 choices on this "theme", all in stock...

All should solder directly into the board.

Download the product's mechanical specs, and grab a caliper to check the PCB....

Just happened to be in the neighborhood. :D

edit:
the fourth picture shows a diode position open on the board, check for a suppression diode across the relay coil.
one of those 1n4004's should work just fine... UNLESS the manual CALLS for something different...
Marantz is unfamiliar territory for me.....

That diode is underneath the board, I checked it out of circuit, and it is good!

What Mark and EchoWars said.

When it's replaced, take a good look at the offset voltage. Sometimes people that aren't familiar with protection relays think that when the relay doesn't fire the "fix" is to replace the relay.

Fred Longworth

What's the condition of the foil side of the power supply board? Follow the traces there. If it's all there, replace with a 24 VDC relay and the correct amp rating for the contacts. Should be at least 5 amp.
You can see the mounting required where the original relay was. Get rid of all that unnecessary wiring. Remember, those contacts are connected to both the output transistors and your speakers.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom