Marantz 2330b Filter Capacitors

VoltaicAudio

To start off, I know there have been many posts about the Marantz double caps, and I have looked over all the posts I could find. I need some help and verification on connection and polarity. The double cap has 3 prongs, and both of the new caps I’m stuffing into the old can has two posts. Working on attaching pictures to aid, currently not wanting to cooperate. Tia

I’m aware. I have the two caps to put into the old can. Just need to know how to connect them. One picture I’ve seen here on the threads is where the 4 are mounted into 3D printed clamps. The caps they wired seem to have a parallel cap on them. Would that be nessesary?

Each dual cap has a positive and a negative cap inside.
The positive cap has it's negative go to chassis and it's positive go to the positive rail.
The negative cap has it's positive go to chassis and it's negative go to the negative rail.

Positive cap .......................................Negative cap
a.jpg

Keeping with Marantz color coding....

Red+
White -
Black chassis ground

More steps involved but here it is in a nutshell...

9LlQKJM.jpg

1zVJNBE.jpg

kMahUsU.jpg

KRsOI9K.jpg

Bob

Just a thank you from me as well. I too read through the many fine threads on these Marantz dual capacitors and this thread tied it all together, literally, for me as well. I'm starting up a 2285b re-cap.

Back
Top Bottom