Marantz 250 service bulletins needed

Beamer302

I am looking for the , I think five service bulletins for a Marantz 250 Amp. I looked at the ChrismMarantz faultineaudio.org source and the website is non existent . I looked on the data file source here on the AudioKarma website and there are no service bulletins listed for the 250. Anybody have a PDF of any of these service bulletins ? Thanks

Well, if you find the, please share. Because I've never seen a Marantz "bulletin" - only addendums.

I just did a quick google - no references to bulletins at all.

Now, I did find a "Marantz Model 250 Service Manual Original Paper" on that site which must not be named, if you search there for "Marantz Model 250 Service Manual Original Paper", you'll see it - price $250. Heh, $250 for the 250 manual.

Where did you hear that there are 5 service bulletins for this unit, just curious - maybe that would be the proper place to start the investigation into location of these?

Here in Des Moines, we have a couple of audio shops that certainly should have these, I might just stop down today and ask them. Obviously, they wouldn't want to copy them for me, so I won't even ask for that. But if there's 250 bulletins out there that none of us have, we certainly do want to know.

Last edited:
It is usually a single page and it says Marantz Service Bulletin with the number M-250-1 on it .The next one is numbered M-250-2 then M-250-3 and so on . There were I think( five) listed as PDF's on ChrisMarantz's site this September but that site is no longer available. I have looked all over the internet and they are quite elusive . Chris has said he would email them to me . So I am keeping my eye on my mailbox awaiting it's arrival . It would be great if they were posted on this site . I am particularly looking for the bulletin M-250-2 which has the flyback diode upgrade on it . The amp I am working on does not have that upgrade on it . I don't know what other upgrades where done or not done without checking these bulletins. The amp is in no working condition at the moment . I have just started working on it .

It is usually a single page and it says Marantz Service Bulletin with the number M-250-1 on it .The next one is numbered M-250-2 then M-250-3 and so on . There were I think( five) listed as PDF's on ChrisMarantz's site this September but that site is no longer available. I have looked all over the internet and they are quite elusive . Chris has said he would email them to me . So I am keeping my eye on my mailbox awaiting it's arrival . It would be great if they were posted on this site . I am particularly looking for the bulletin M-250-2 which has the flyback diode upgrade on it . The amp I am working on does not have that upgrade on it . I don't know what other upgrades where done or not done without checking these bulletins. The amp is in no working condition at the moment . I have just started working on it .

Gah, yes, I remember those now. I swear I had copies - can't find them now. Let me look again.

Ha.
Lookie what I found - only missing #1, I don't have that.

M250SB.jpg

Great find ! Do they open up so they can be looked at ? I think those are for the 250M power amp.

Back
Top Bottom