Marantz 2500 fonts

TJacques

I'd like to print replacements for the Marantz transformer and large capacitor labels, because time, audio techs, and yours truly have worn out the originals. Once I have the names of the fonts, it should be an easy task to replicate the sizes, kernings, etc. for printing to self-stick labels, which I'll then trim to size.

So, to my question: does anyone know the name of the font used for the Marantz logo on a 2500 transformer label and the one used for the labels on the large capacitors?

Thanks.

this might help

Thanks. It did. It seems like a great site for font sleuthing.

Now, I have to find a digital version, but I would expect that having the name of the logo font should make that fairly easy.

Any ideas about the other font on the sticky labels on the transformer and caps?

Actually, if anyone has a high-quality image of the top of the transformer and the two caps (in-situ or out-), with good labels on both, I could work on identifying the fonts and working on getting new labels together. The images would have to have been take from pretty much directly above, to reduce distortion, though.

the davison spencerian, this fonts can be adjusted and modifying with fontlab. because the are not exactly like the marantz used.

Attachments

• DavisonSpencerian.zip
    58.5 KB · Views: 15
another option can be using a .ESP vector and modify to your requirements.

Attachments

• Marantz.zip
    49.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I made a bunch several years ago for the 2500/2385/2330B and 2285B transformer and main caps.
Perfect match.
Send me a PM

Bob

Back
Top Bottom