Marantz 2500 - Need balance Pot

jeffsplat88

Hi folks,
Picked up an 2500 a few weekends ago. After I blew out the pounds of dust and cleaned off the buckets of sludge, it turns out it's pretty darn mint inside and out.
But... The slider balance pot is shot. No amount of Deox is doing it.
Anyone out there know a suitable replacement or have spares?
2385 balance pot is same. Maybe others too. Any help vastly appreciated.

I have been taking Marantz slider pots out, disassembling them, cleaning, adding faderlube and reassembling. It's easy to do and I haven't had any problems (they sound like new).

Thank you. I've taken it apart and cleaned extensively and no luck. What I think is the problem is that there is oxidation under the rivets that hold on the solder tabs. I've tried everything including brake cleaner and deox gold. Then tried squishing the rivets with pliers. The next step would be to drill out the rivets, clean, then use some M2 screws to make contact with the traces and screw solder lugs to. It would be easier if I could just buy a replacement tho.

No replacements are available only the 2385 2500 and 2600 have the same that's it.Need a donor unit part from one of these 3 or you can wire yours internally for center balance right/left:)

I wish I could solder the rivets but I cannot get the solder to stick to the metal film traces on the PCB. If you know the trick to make it stick, please let me know. Solder Paste?

Sometimes a 'Circuit Writer' pen can be used to restore the connection from the rivet (or eylet) to the carbon trace.

Tom

Sometimes a 'Circuit Writer' pen can be used to restore the connection from the rivet (or eylet) to the carbon trace.

Tom
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the advice on the Circuit Writer pen. That did the trick and the balance pot is working well now. 2500 is back up and running.
Thank You!
- Jeff

Back
Top Bottom