Marantz 26 - Power Amp Board Rehab

tgnadeau

Output transistor pin out needed from someone with a known good Marantz 26 receiver

Hi Everyone -

I purchased the Marantz 26 a couple of years ago from eBay. Upon receiving it, it would not power on, tripping the onboard circuit breaker immediately. At the time I ended up removing the power wire that supplied the power amp board and was able to use the rest of the receiver successfully.

The power amp board had been "repaired", which is why I removed the wire from the power supply to the board. I then removed all of the questionable components, finding that at least 2 of the output transistors had shorted out. So that leads me to my current issue. There's signs of an attempted repair around the output transistors. I am looking to verify with someone who may have a known good Marantz 26 what wires go to what part of each transistor (H001-H004), along with the corresponding Pin from the Power Amp Board.

I do have the service manual, but I am not very confident in what it shows.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0067.jpeg
    IMG_0067.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 62
I can't remember if it was the 26 or 27. But one of them had a butt load of post engineering modifications FROM the factory. You may be looking at one that was at a service center. I also remember the schematic didn't help much.

@airtime I would hope this is not from the factory.

It looks like someone was using the same service manual I had, they placed transistors from the "Revised Parts List" in the left channel. That's all out now, but they did some damage to some of the traces too. I'll see what I can figure out today. The schematic definitely seems off, but that's all I've got for now.

Back
Top Bottom