Marantz 300 DC connector

jblmar

JBL & marantz
Hi all,
My Marantz 300 DC amplifier needs a new connector. Anyone know where to get one like this? This is not the type that's soldered to a PCB. Instead, it's the female type that goes over the pins soldered to the PCB.

Photo 26 is the bottom view. The shape of the connector is a rectangle. I cut the side to get to the spade inside.

Photo 29 is the spade. It's the push type that goes over the pin on the PCB.

The holes are 1/8" in diam. About 1/8" apart.

The spades have an extention above the jack to allow wire to be wraped and soldered in place.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Thanks to EW for his interest and efforts. :thmbsp:

Attachments

• Photo0026.bmp
    22.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Photo0027.bmp
    46.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Photo0029.bmp
    15.3 KB · Views: 31
DIY?

Sorry, I might be too dumb, but I dunno where exactly it fits... Picture of PCB might help...

Pics are way too small for these eye to see. Need to post jpeg's instead of bitmaps.

I used my scaner, not a camera. Sorry. The distance between pins are 3/16" and the pins on the PCB are 1/16" wide.
The extention above for wire wrap/solder can vary from as short as 1/4" to as long as 2 inches. If I need to change the PCB connection to fit a connector, I'll do that. I'll mail the defective connector to Jim Reynolds at Digi-Key. He offered to try and match it or offer a suitable replacement.
Thanks guys.

Ron

I have some parts from a wrecked 300DC, See the pictures, is that what you want? Let me know and I can send it to you for free.
Cheers

Attachments

• DSCN5457.JPG
    DSCN5457.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN5458.JPG
    DSCN5458.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 24
Thanks John. You're the best!! :thmbsp:

Glenn, you're right. DK is very helpful. Jim is a great person to deal with. He won't give you the brush off.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom