Marantz 300DC help

thisOne

Listen...
Greetings all you knowledgable people. I just managed to complete my Marantz 3650 preamp + 2130 Tuner with the aquisition of a 300DC amp. The amp (a local find) blows its fuse as soon as I plug it in (I don't even need to push the power button in, just plug it into the wall socket and she blows).

Could any of you offer some insight as to what might be wrong with it. I figure I will need to bring this one to a tech but some knowledge would not hurt. Thanks so much

You may have a defective power switch or a short in the wiring to the main fuse on the rear.
Where are you located?

Ron

thisOne, thats probably the best malfunction you could have. Keep your fingers crossed it's as jblmar says. BTW, post some pics! :)

My Esotec's fuse holder was loose, grounded against the chassis, blew the fuse, at least thats what I'm guessing. Got an SM-7 for $20 as a result. I can't find any other reason why it should have blown. I tightened the fuse holder, put a new fuse in, been a year and it has worked fine since. I'm pretty sure the 300DC takes the same fuse as the SM-7 so you should be using a 10amp fuse assuming you're using 110/120V. Anything less will blow instantly (I know, I had no 10 amp fuses when I picked mine up and tried to see if I could power it up with less to see if it worked, but the startup surge will blow a lesser fuse). The power switch could be shot, I've seen a fair share of them go bad on the big Marantz stuff, if its shorted inside it will blow the fuse. The worst case is that the power switch is stuck on internally and something in the unit itself is blowing the fuse, but I'd lean towards the other stuff first.

Back
Top Bottom