Marantz 3300 pre amp, like to add

Proud Vet

The only inputs I have open on my pre amp is the mic, phono 2 and Aux 2. In my tuner input of the preamp ( marantz 3300) I have a Fanfare FT-1A tuner and like to have my Marantz 2238B receiver tuner section to play through the system as well at different times of course. Yes I have an roof top antenna on an a/b switch placed into both the FT-1A tuner and the receiver ( 2238B ). What input if any of the 3 that I have available on my pre amp for the tuner section of the 2238b to be played through my system if all possible. BTW no inputs or outputs are being used on the 2238b. Had the 2238b sitting idle in the system not being used other than the powering up in the system. Was using the fm section on the 2238B as my tuner only prior to adding the Fanfare Tuner placed into the tuner inputs of the pre amp. Thanks ahead of time for any replies if all possible it can be accomplished.

Proud Veteran

Last edited:
I think, :)) thanks but before I make any actual connections rather be sure not to blow anything or ruin anything internally. Hoping to hear from someone who knows for sure if it can be accomplished with what I have left on my inputs on my preamp, Im sure you understand and thanks for your reply though

FYI, everyone above is correct. Just in case you don't know, all inputs except the phono inputs are considered line level inputs also known as high level inputs. The phono input is the sole low level input just for magnetic cartridges. Tuner, tape, and aux are all line level inputs. They are marked for your benefit only so you know that your tuner is plugged into the tuner input and knowing that you are going to get radio when selecting tuner instead of hearing the radio coming from the aux input.

Some higher end equipment like mixers just have aux 1 2 3 4 5 and phono inputs where any of the aux inputs can be used for any tuner, tape deck, CD player, phone etc.

Last edited:
I think, :)) thanks but before I make any actual connections rather be sure not to blow anything or ruin anything internally. Hoping to hear from someone who knows for sure if it can be accomplished with what I have left on my inputs on my preamp, Im sure you understand and thanks for your reply though

I understand, better safe than sorry.
I was 99% sure, but not 100%.
Glad it's working right.

Back
Top Bottom