Marantz 4060 Service manual

Joshstereo

Hi
Does anyone have a service manual for the 4060? I wonder if the amp is similar to the 1060 im working on. Anyhow I picked it up for $100 bucks but it has a bad power switch. It was replaced with some kind of toggle switch that doesnt work. Can I put any Marantz power switch in there? I have one that came from a 2216B.

Thanks
Josh

Let's see a pic of the switch when you get a chance.

I looked on Rick Stroud's site and he has a professionally printed one for $13.
Best $13 that you could ever spend supporting one of the last vintage unit service manual providers in the country!

Bob

Last edited:
The one on the left is from a 2216B and the one on the right was the replacement switch someone put in there that wasnt working when I got it.
On the 2216B switch the orange wire went to the fuse, the red wire went to the ac outlet, and the green and white wires both went to the P700 board.
Now for the toggle switch , I left the wires still connected to the amp, the wires may have been replaced too at some point, im not sure. It has 2 thicker black wires that are going to each of the 2 ac outlets and then it has one thin red and one thin black wire going to the PS board.

IMG_0317[1].JPG IMG_0318[2].JPG

I have a 4060 service manual somewhere - let me know if you have a specific portion of it you need. I have been meaning to scan it in and send it to the AK database. I picked up a 4060 on BT here and have been meaning to recap it but it sounds so good in my office I have just left it alone for now. Happy to send any pics, etc.

Excellent, I was just wondering about the power switch. I can just use the blue one that people seem to buy from digikey?

Ok I got the blue power switch from digikey but how do I wire it up? From the amp it has 2 thicker black wires that are going to each of the 2 ac outlets and then it has one thin red and one thin black wire going to the PS board.

Thanks

Ok I put the power switch in and she powers up everything seems to be working pretty good after deoxit. When I did the idle current adjustment 3 of the 4 channels were able to adjust to 12mvdc but one channel just read 0.4mvdc and turning the trim pot does nothing except sometimes shoots it up to 10 mv or so then back down to 0.4. Whats the worst that could happen if I leave it like that? Is fixing it complicated?

Thanks
Josh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom