Marantz 4300

Thanks to rBuckner I connected with blhagstrom planning on paying him a visit and have him go though my 4300. I would have done it this weekend but we got 12" of snow at my place, power out etc. Being from Detroit these people out here in western Washington scare me on the road when the "White Death" falls from the sky!
probably like when it rains in AZ .... :rflmao:

Nothing like diving in the deep end. I really like my Rectilinears. They probably need new crossover caps at this date but after that that should be a very enjoyable system.
I got these Highboys III's from my father inlaw 9.9 out of 10 as far as the cabinets are concerned, when I find some time I will open them up and post pics. That is if I can get AK to digest any photo I try to post!

You won't regret restoring that 4300. I just finished a very protracted, complete refresh on mine (full re-cap, pre-amp transistors replaced, amp differential pairs replaced, tuner and offset alignment, PS repair, etc.) and it sounds FANTASTIC. I've long said the 4300 is my favorite Marantz receiver, and now I remember why. Loving listening to it again so much that I moved it out of the 2nd position in my quad rack to my office driving a pair of JBL L-112s. Mmm...

will give a pic a try.
Very nice, but I would lose the towel on top, the 4300 runs a little warm as it is. I bought several "Airplate 3" fans and place them on top of the receivers using the "switched" outlet. Just a thought. I also have a set of the HiBoys and they are a very nice set of speakers, I love my JBL L-100's, but when I listen to the Rectilinears, they just sound pleasant and true. I have them hooked to a 3250b/170dc/5020 with a Pioneer TT and Nakamichi CD. Thant is a nice 4300! Rich

I plan to put her in a rack with some cooling fans after the rebuild. I cover it up with a towel to keep her clean out in the shop, I just fired it up for the picture. You are correct it does get a bit warm under load!

Back
Top Bottom