Marantz 4400

audiobeer

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Sending off this 4400 to wlhd1610 for anther rebuild. Was curious if anyone knew how the phono section was on these. Here's the before pics. Guy was using in his garage. You can see where he dropped it so the face was damaged. Looking forward to Bobs labor ( results not cost lol)!

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1368.JPG
    IMG_1368.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 60
Sending off this 4400 to wlhd1610 for anther rebuild. Was curious if anyone knew how the phono section was on these. Here's the before pics. Guy was using in his garage. You can see where he dropped it so the face was damaged. Looking forward to Bobs labor ( results not cost lol)!
Funny i just compared the phono section on this receiver and some others for 6 months, it resulted in buying a $129 Schiit Mani phono pre, A 4400 with a budget outboard pre amp is fantastic. I felt the stock 4400 was good until i switched it out after a few months with other preamps, and just my opinion but stock was not up to the sound the receiver is capable of. With the phono pre figured out , my 4400 is good enough to be the top dog in my vinyl listening hobby! Good luck nice receiver! Certainly the heaviest, most awkward to carry receiver i have ever handled, its no wonder many of them have bent corners lol.

Just ordered it. Will give it a try on the Marantz 4400, wlhd1610 is rebuilding the phono section so I'll give it an AB when I get it. Thanks Again!!

I really like 4400s once they're restored, fine sounding receiver.

Here's a teaser of what you can expect when you get your 4400 back, and maybe consider a black faceplate since yours is trashed.

index.php

Here's a teaser of what you can expect when you get your 4400 back, and maybe consider a black faceplate since yours is trashed.

index.php
Curious is that a European version? I know Pioneer has one that's black which designates it is from Europe.

index.php
i realy need a black face. also, i need a darth vader helmet to put on top of it, and some red led's for underglow. theme song included, remote a requirement, have a nice jam session

Here's a Blueglow Electronics video on removing/replacing the faceplate plastic on a Marantz 2270.

Back
Top Bottom