jFF_Bulbo

Hello AK'ers
I have a 5220 cassete deck, i bought it with boxes, manuals... it is in nice shape and it is functional, but when tape is playing, it stops and i really want to restore it.
A technician came to my home to repair it, he applied isopropilic alcohol on pitch roller and rubber band on the right piece which turns an make the tape advance. The problem still happens.

any help will be appreciated!

Probably need to remove the transport mechanism (a fair amount of work) and replace all of the belts and probably the pinch roller. Also, look for dried grease and clean/lubricate anything that seems to be binding. I got a kit with belts and roller from the auction site - the seller was from Germany.

Probably need to remove the transport mechanism (a fair amount of work) and replace all of the belts and probably the pinch roller. Also, look for dried grease and clean/lubricate anything that seems to be binding. I got a kit with belts and roller from the auction site - the seller was from Germany.

Hello. could i have the seller info? thank you.

Hello. could i have the seller info? thank you.
Sorry. I looked back at my order history and it only goes back to 2017. I think I rebuilt this unit in 2016. I looked for a similar seller from Germany and didn’t find any. I found a listing for a belt kit here, but no mention of pinch roller. I agree with sixthday. Check tapeheads.net for info, or even the Tape forum here on AK.

http://www.vintage-electronics.net/marantz-5220-belt-kit.aspx

Back
Top Bottom