Marantz 5220

Divotdog

"I can fix it Grampa"
Mrs. Divotdog brought me home a new toy a couple of days ago! she is a beauty (as is Mrs. Divotdog) it seems to be in great shape, all the lights work, the meters move, it just needs some clean up, I haven’t really got into cassette much, I have several of them lying around, but this one is just too pretty it may just end up on the main system. :thmbsp:

Attachments

• 000_0758.JPG
    000_0758.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 000_0763.JPG
    000_0763.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 000_0761.JPG
    000_0761.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 14
Divotdog said:
Mrs. Divotdog brought me home a new toy a couple of days ago! she is a beauty (as is Mrs. Divotdog) it seems to be in great shape, all the lights work, the meters move, it just needs some clean up, I haven’t really got into cassette much, I have several of them lying around, but this one is just too pretty it may just end up on the main system. :thmbsp:

Aww!! You lucky dog! :thmbsp:

I've been after one of those in a woodcase for some time. They usually go for a reasonable price but check this one out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marantz-5220-Ca...99QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4784QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't let Mrs. Divotdog see that. She's gonna want something shinny and expensive.

Cheers!

I've always liked the looks of those front-loading Marantz tape decks...real eye candy. If you can find a case for it (or have one made) that'll complete the picture. :D

pbda said:
I've always liked the looks of those front-loading Marantz tape decks...real eye candy. If you can find a case for it (or have one made) that'll complete the picture. :D
This one will get a wood case in due time, see this thread. :thmbsp:

Very cool that you have the talents to build a case. :thmbsp:

I was just looking at a case for a Marantz 5025B cassette deck. The case alone went for $270. And I only paid $35 for my mint deck.

I guess I'm gonna have to brush up my wood working skills.

onepixel said:
Aww!! You lucky dog! :thmbsp:

I've been after one of those in a woodcase for some time. They usually go for a reasonable price but check this one out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marantz-5220-Ca...99QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4784QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Cheez Louise!! I just picked up a beautiful 5220 off FleaBay for 49.95 - it even had the original plastic faceplate protector still in place. Nobody else even bid on it! (Well, in all fairness, the seller disclosed that it had one channel out, but it took all of five minutes and a soldering iron to fix the problem. :yes: )

Now I have to decide whether to keep my 5030 or keep the 5220. The 5220 is a better cosmetic match for my 4400 receiver, but unlike the 5220, the 5030 has three-heads... :scratch2: Oh hell, I'll probably just look at the cassette deck anyway while I listen to CDs! :D

Back
Top Bottom